Search the forum,

Discuss PROFESSOR OF PLUMBING NEEDED!! (Please) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I am trying to dunk my size 10's (PPE affiliated) into the plumbing industry. I am hoping to gain more experience with a Plumbing Proffesor.
I have an NVQ level 2 and am halfway through my level 3. My experience is mostly of domestic plumbing, which I've done on my own, but I fully understand that there is nothing like on the job experience with someone who does it for a living.
I'd like to further my knowledge by getting practical unpaid work.
At the moment I'm only able to work weekends as I'm in full time employment (outside the plumbing industry). I am looking to make the jump in a year's time.
I live in the Essex/East London area, can drive and am willing to travel.
I have all my own hand tools, am willing to help in anyway and would be very grateful of any assistance given.
Many Thanks
JamesW

Difficult finding experience at weekends only. Best thing for you to do is work through your local business directory as well as leaflet your local plumbing merchants and their customers (vans).

Disappointed.......

I thought this was a open post to me on the public forum.......

Difficult finding experience at weekends only. Best thing for you to do is work through your local business directory as well as leaflet your local plumbing merchants and their customers (vans).
It’s ok , you’ve not scared me off, just thought i’d let the dust settle !
Thanks for the replies all.
I suppose i need get in at the deep end, but in my circumstance ,I have a bit of time on my side (not my choice) and it would be advantageous to prepare myself a little better. The friends/family route doesn’t always cut the mustard .
There’s no doubt you can always do things more efficiently and I suppose that’s what I’m after. Going with somebody will also give me that little bit more confidence.
Knocking on doors looks like the way forward.
JamesW

Hello All,
I am trying to dunk my size 10's (PPE affiliated) into the plumbing industry. I am hoping to gain more experience with a Plumbing Proffesor.
I have an NVQ level 2 and am halfway through my level 3. My experience is mostly of domestic plumbing, which I've done on my own, but I fully understand that there is nothing like on the job experience with someone who does it for a living.
I'd like to further my knowledge by getting practical unpaid work.
At the moment I'm only able to work weekends as I'm in full time employment (outside the plumbing industry). I am looking to make the jump in a year's time.
I live in the Essex/East London area, can drive and am willing to travel.
I have all my own hand tools, am willing to help in anyway and would be very grateful of any assistance given.
Many Thanks
JamesW
Hello James,

You could write me a pm and I will hook you up with work. I am from east London too so just get in touch with me.

Regards

Ron

Hello James,

You could write me a pm and I will hook you up with work. I am from east London too so just get in touch with me.

Regards

Ron

I would say get your training finished first

I would say get your training finished first
What training , my gas course ?
I'm almost there, do not you worry.

I know some people who are Looking for someone like him. He even could earn, it doesn't mean he has to do all for free.

So James, if you need any help just contact me.

What training , my gas course ?
I'm almost there, do not you worry.

I know some people who are Looking for someone like him. He even could earn, it doesn't mean he has to do all for free.

So James, if you need any help just contact me.
Hello James,

Regards

Ron
Thanks Ron and Matchless for the replies . Will PM later when my other
job is finished !!
Many thanks
JamesW

He means He's the chosen one!
'THEE Professor'

His sense of humour is running away with him

'Sence of Humor'
I've been accused of many things over the years - but never that.

But saying that - getting back to the post.
It seems utterly ridiculous to me that people have to offer to work for free to get experience in the trade.

Over here, you need a 4 year apprenticeship to become qualified.
And it's fully paid for by the employer.
Mature aged apprentices are paid more, but most times they're worth it.

'Sence of Humor'
I've been accused of many things over the years - but never that.

But saying that - getting back to the post.
It seems utterly ridiculous to me that people have to offer to work for free to get experience in the trade.

Over here, you need a 4 year apprenticeship to become qualified.
And it's fully paid for by the employer.
Mature aged apprentices are paid more, but most times they're worth it.

That's how it always used to be here. My apprenticeship was 5 years.
Those days are gone now i'm afraid. I think it worked well but times change !!

Those days are gone now i'm afraid. I think it worked well but times change !!
Listening to some EU visitors how things seem a little backward - in their countries -Initiallly I thought that was quaint ..then relaized ...
If this is called progress - I miss the good OLE days .

( oz-plumber ..You are the man when Brazing is concerned !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PROFESSOR OF PLUMBING NEEDED!! (Please) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock