Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Problems Replacing an Aqualisa Drench showerhead in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Wintera

Wintera New Member

Hi All,

I've had to replace the 5" drench head on my Aqualisa shower. It looked as if it would be straight forward so have tried myself. The new head is on, no problem but the water is not flowing evenly through the holes. It's joining together to create what can only be described as a jet wash! The main difference between the old and new heads (bedside the layout of the holes) is the old head just had a hole at the top whereas the new head appears to have a bronze coloured insert with holes around the outside.. I've spoken to Aqualisa who say you should be able to do a straight swap between the two types of head. I've attached a couple of photos of the inside of the new head and the 'jet wash' effect. Any advice would be very gratefully received!
    Many thanks,

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Does it change the effect if you lower the pressure ?

One could be high pressure and one low

3. Wintera

Wintera New Member

Thank you for responding. I think it may be pressure related. I haven't actually changed the pressure, because I don't know how to, but when I first start the shower it comes out consistently across the head. After a couple of seconds, when the pump kicks in, it goes into jet wash mode. I don't really want to stitch off the pump because the pressure without it isn't really strong enough. Could it be time to call in a professional?

4. ShaunCorbs

I would phone up aqua and see if they do a high pressure head

5. Wintera

Wintera New Member

I did ask them if they did different 5" drench heads but they said not. I will ask the specific question though. Thanks again

6. ShaunCorbs

I would say you have a gravity head atm and you had a high pressure one before that's why it's a different internals and that's why your getting the jet wash effect with the new head no internal resistance/ restriction

7. Wintera

Wintera New Member

I've been in touch with them and they say they only do one head and although the design is very slightly different they should be completely compatible. Clearly not the case here though! I think I either need to drill out the copper insert (a bit gung-ho even for me!) or see if the pressure can be reduced without getting rid of it entirely. They also suggested the 8" head instead but no certainty that will sort out the problem.

8. ShaunCorbs

I know it's not the best I would try temporary blocking the centre hole with a rubber washer

See if that helps

9. mache

mache Active Member

Don't drill anything out, if anything you need to reduce the flow through the unit not increase it. pop to your local merchants and see if they have any flow restrictors to fit the thread size on your fittings.

10. Wintera

Wintera New Member

Thanks very much for the tip. I'll give that a go and see what happens!

11. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just put a 8 litre a minute flow restrictor in the new shower head .

12. Wintera

Wintera New Member

Thanks all. The 8 ltr flow restrictor has done the trick!

• Like Like x 1