Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with thermostatic shower pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
06984FA6-846A-4436-A0A4-CC38D16D57B3.jpeg
Had a plumber run some pipes for a bar shower, I’ve since plastered over them and tiled the bathroom. When he’s returned he can’t fit the shower because the 15mm elbows are protruding from the face of the tile.

I’m looking for a suitable shower fixing kit, if available, that will help us get round the problem so I don’t have to knock the tiles off and chase the wall.

Cheers

sorry to say non

guess the copper pipe in the wall is touching the back of the tiles?

Gutted!

Just sitting proud of the finished plaster ever so slightly, had to chase the back of tile over vertical part of elbow. Didn’t think it would be a problem as didn’t really know how the shower fitted to pipework.

Cheers for getting back to me.

Will I be able to just chase the brickwork above the bath and ‘tease’ the pipes back? Surely I won’t have to remove the bath?

7573F0C6-82AD-4C18-8896-51B0C68BE5C4.png
Just found these on screwfix, does anyone have any experience of using them? It says it’s for uneven or misaligned pipework, just wondering if it would get round the issue.

Cheers

No don't think you will have to remove the bath and yes the pipes need to be level with the brick so that the elbow isn't going past the back of the tile

View attachment 32629 Just found these on screwfix, does anyone have any experience of using them? It says it’s for uneven or misaligned pipework, just wondering if it would get round the issue.

Cheers

Sorry to say no as they won't take the fitting

View attachment 32629 Just found these on screwfix, does anyone have any experience of using them? It says it’s for uneven or misaligned pipework, just wondering if it would get round the issue.

Cheers

I use them a lot but Shaun is dead right .
However if you know an engineer who could use a lathe or milling machine it would only want a small amount of brass removing to the depth of the fitting.

I’ve got a conical hole cutter tho it’s irrelevant now as they’ve been discontinued and can’t find any at a reasonable price (found some on eBay for £49!!)

Thanks for your help.

I’ve got a conical hole cutter tho it’s irrelevant now as they’ve been discontinued and can’t find any at a reasonable price (found some on eBay for £49!!)

Thanks for your help.

You can get them from all plumbers merchants, a conical cutter wouldnt work , if you know one its a very easy job for an engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with thermostatic shower pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock