Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with British "Scottish" Gas EMT2 heating controller. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen McL

Hi folks, hopefully you can help me with this...

I have a gas fired heating system at home, controlled by a 'Scottish Gas' branded 'EMT2' controller/timer. As things stand, the heating will not fire up, I can get hot water by manually switching on the boiler via the mains switch on the wall. When I attempt to turn the heating on, the red power led light on the EMT2 lights up fully for a few seconds (or less) then dims down to a kind of half power glow or less. The heating does not come on, but the unit seems to still be ticking over, the timer dial rotates as normal.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Al

Could be a whole string of things Allen, usually not the clock. If both won't work off the clock then chances are it's the boiler.

Time to call the gas safe bloke I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with British "Scottish" Gas EMT2 heating controller. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the 1st time this season I found a problem with the boiler not running on one of the zones. If I turn on the heat to zone 1 I hear the system...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock