Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with air in oil line, domestic boiler, underground tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian S

Since mid November 2015 we have experienced air in the oil feed pipeline. The problem occurred after its annual service, a Danesmoor 12/14, prior to this visit the boiler was operating beautifully. Including Worcester Bosch who caused the problem, 4 other oil heating contractors have failed to resolve the issue.
We were without the use of our boiler for 4 months, during the winter period.
Eventually, with advice from Anglo Nordic we installed their OUF-88 oil up feeder header tank system, although they warned us that if air was in the system when the oil transfer pump operated it would be noisy, this has proved to be correct.
However, the oil feed from the header tank to the burner is now OK and the boiler operates.
So far, we have spent £2,000 with only partial success. Please can anyone advise!

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Also please only ask once on one thread, the same question on multiple threads is classed as spamming, we take a dim view.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with air in oil line, domestic boiler, underground tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi, our Bunded 1000ltr plastic domestic oil tank leaking from inner to outer skin, was installed, as part of a new-build, in 2016, to supply a boiler. When getting it refilled last week, the delivery driver pointed out that the outer skin was bowing out slightly and advised me to check it. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock