Search the forum,

Discuss problem glowworm essential 24c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Just looked at glowwworm essential 24c combi. Only 14months old and out of warranty.
Hot water will only run luke warm.
Temp coming from heat exchanger only reaches about 45c in hot water mode.
Super red hot in heating mode no problems there.
Checked thermistors which control both heating and hot water and all ok.
Went through diagostics with glowworm tech and got the usual change the pcb answer. Any of you got suggestions what else it could be? Thanks.

What's the lpm out of the hot water tap / does it get hot when you only open it half way etc ?

Temp is constant 35 deg luke warm what ever the flow high or low no matter how long you run it. Something is stopping the boiler from ramping up the power enough to raise the temp. Switch to heating and the same primary sensors allow the temp to top 65 deg.

So there's no hot water temp sensor ?

There is no hot water sensor, just primary flow and return sensors, I checked them and there in range hot and cold. If the boiler easily reaches 65 deg in heating what parameters do you check for only reaching 35 deg in hot water mode? The gas valve opens the pump and fan runs but the temperature is limited and remains constant at 35 deg. Apart from pcb, which I always hesitate to change because i've been directed to change pcb's by tech lines and its been something else.

Told customer to call in vaillant to check boiler as not happy changing board. Took there engineer 5 mins to reset in system codes. Very frustrating, I went through codes with vaillant tech on phone. Everytime it didn't work, under vaillant techs instruction we checked it had saved code changes, what don't they tell us, should be simpler.

Told customer to call in vaillant to check boiler as not happy changing board. Took there engineer 5 mins to reset in system codes. Very frustrating, I went through codes with vaillant tech on phone. Everytime it didn't work, under vaillant techs instruction we checked it had saved code changes, what don't they tell us, should be simpler.
No idea mate. But I have had it a couple of time after a power cut or surge. First thing I do is parameters. I did have one I couldn’t change so changed the board and it worked. Customer was happy. You 100% certain he didn’t change the board?

Reply to problem glowworm essential 24c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler modulates (presumably) and stays running for very long periods (many hours) but the circulating water is only luke warm (about 35 degrees) Any heating...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the past year the hot water when turned on was intermittent. I repressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar and the hot water switch when turned on worked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock