Search the forum,

Discuss Problem Altech pump cold water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Altech shower pump GWMAP284. Suddenly this morning the water pressure reduced, and the temperature increased. It seems like the cold water pressure has disappeared. I'm quite sure no taps have been closed. I suppose there could be a blockage in the cold supply, but seems unlikely? Any tips please....

IMG_6375.JPG

Blocked filter where pipework joins pump? Is there a chance that the pump ran dry ie drained more water out of the loft tank than it could refill if that makes sense, if yes it could be an air lock? Any chance of more pics to show the hot and cold pipework into the pump. Might shed some light

Blocked filter where pipework joins pump? Is there a chance that the pump ran dry ie drained more water out of the loft tank than it could refill if that makes sense, if yes it could be an air lock? Any chance of more pics to show the hot and cold pipework into the pump. Might shed some light
Thank you for all this good advice. Unfortunately though the situation evolved quickly - the next time the shower was used the pump sprung a huge leak - so now I'm getting it replaced. Much appreciated though.

Ah sorry to hear that. Did you go for something a little better quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem Altech pump cold water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock