Search the forum,

Discuss Probably simple job. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...new shower cover doesn't fit over inlet pipe. The feed pipe comes through the wall at an angle. I have tried to adjust to no avail. Could I fit some of the plastic piping from the push fit....then connect to another push fit to the horizontal pipe in the cupboard? thanks.

Attachments

• DSC07297.jpg
    DSC07297.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC07296.jpg
    DSC07296.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC07295.jpg
    DSC07295.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 53
Am I being obtuse? The cover looks like it fits? Is it just the hole in the tile that you're concerned about? I'd silicone that up...

is the stem elbow fully pushed on? as in fully past the o ring.
there looks a lot of space there.

Compression joint would have been tighter & maybe covered the hole.

Alternatively I would have used the 90 coming from the wall put that straight into the inlet

Is that a bent Jg tap connector onto a Elbow? It's the wrong fitting if so & could leak

Is that a bent Jg tap connector onto a Elbow? It's the wrong fitting if so & could leak

diy so they dont care / cant do it any other way :D

all he had to do is rotate that elbow in all 90d and replace the olive and nut and done, or replace the piece of pipe through if it was a different thread

Last edited:
Thanks...the cover sits ,just, on the ridged nut in the "hole"...I was sold the push fit and the 90 plastic connector / brass nut...fitted ok ..no problems .

PS...the white bit below the brass nut is Sealing tape.

Last edited:
pipes on the angle so the other fitting is needed or the hole is redone straight.

I would have gone for a short length of copper then an angle (compression) isolation valve.
you can get a brass fitting that is smaller than the chrome ones.

BES
18661 15mm brass finish

18662 15mm nickel plated

Last edited:
Thanks...the cover sits ,just, on the ridged nut in the "hole"...I was sold the push fit and the 90 plastic connector / brass nut...fitted ok ..no problems .

PS...the white bit below the brass nut is Sealing tape.

Yes the tape is wrong too & a sign of DIY lol... Yes they may have sold you the fitting but it's not right for that application!

I hope it's your own home as you would be liable if your DIY job floods a landlord property or someone below if in a flat.

Don't you just hate it when you go to a job because they have a leak, and it turns out to be a compression joint/nut in the wall that's leaking like the one above arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why O why

The reason the tape is wrong is that you are trying to seal a thread on a fitting on which the seal should already be estalished before the thread. In other words, if the water is getting to the thread, you already have a leak. It does indeed look like a tap connector, so goodness knows why it was sold to you.

The pipe at an angle certainly doesn't make your life easy.

Leaving that aside for now, I'm with Simon F on this one...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Probably simple job. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock