Search the forum,

Discuss pricing large jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got a chance to tender for my largest project to date, 300m2 domestic new build with underfloor heating, plant room with boiler and unvented cylinder, boosted cold water, all plumbing work and gas work. Its specified a U6 meter but trac pipe of 50mm? no spec for the boiler yet.

I've got the drawings and spec, but was wondering if it would be wiser to have a quantity surveyor price it for me ?

Also, could I get a commercial subby guy on my gas registration to do the gas work?

if it s got underfloor heating can't see why you'd need a gas supply of that size i'd query that

Yea would get and m and e surveyer to draw up/ price the plans and just sub the gas work out / post it on here/ where are you located ?

New build that size if both floors are ufh, will only need 16kw. Add in towel rails and hot water, and your only looking about 28kw. So s u6 is fine.
If your looking at long runs of tracpipe, you will need to work out gas rate from thier data sheets.
As for pricing. It's just like a smaller house, but bigger.,!! :wink5:
I can recommend Duty Point ( Scubatank) pumps for the boosted supply. Just fitted one with integrated tank, quiet solonoid operated water supply and nearly silent induction motor, giving 130lpm @3bar. Worked out about the same cost as a DAB equivalent.

Yeah I queried the gas supply as its a 40kw boiler, with gas fire and cooker. Waiting on reply, visiting site tomorrow, main contractors looking for labour pipe etc he will supply expensive parts so will make it easier for me to price then. I would say 35mm to boiler then reducing from there, as meter is outside plant room.

I have the M&E drawings and spec already, just don't want to underprice a job of that scale, I'll have better idea when I see it in person, looking at the specs it's almost like small commercial.

Stick 22mm to the fire cause they'll change there mind at the last min and then blame you for the 15mm, 22 is over kill but at least you've got it covered.

I wouldn't get a qs to price it the money you pay them you could buy easy price pro estimating software you'll have it to use on other jobs afterwards

i agree, i wouldnt pay a qs/estimator to price it, what they charge has to come out of your money and you might not get the job, especially if your price includes ÂŁ1000 for qs fees. just price as you would any other job, list of materials, how many men to do it, how long at ÂŁx/hr. if its going to be chew then allow more time, dont forget to add a contingency, cos theres always something you miss.

Got all the specs and drawings etc and going to measure up, got the gas pipe changed on the designs, hope I get it it's a concrete construction and spec is copper so it's more like a commercial installation than a domestic new build. No crappy plastic

all copper and not copper on show?

If it's all concrete, then make a fairly generous allowance for clips, drill bits and core drilling.

As for pricing, just break down each section of the job and work out the labour and materials required for each section.

If it's your first large job, make sure you spend the time now, to make sure you get it as close to being right as you can.

There's no point in getting 2/3's into the job and realising your allowance for labour is shot.

If that's the case, you will also find out you are about 25% less than the other quotes.

I'm telling you from personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing large jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock