Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had a couple of rads replaced. One 600x600 double and one 1.5x300 double. 3 valves also had to be replaced. I've recieved the bill and it it's a bit more than I expected as he tells me he charges a fix amount per radiator... how much would you guys expect for the work (it was about 5 hours on site). I'm paying the bill whatever just want to know if it's fair.

Not enough info. Open vent or sealed system? Like for like or pipework mods? Area of country?

What was the bill?

Sorry, it's a conventional boiler (not a combi), parts are part of the bill, no pipework modification other than notching a board to allow the pipe to flex out into a suitable position.. Bill is ÂŁ430.

How much did you expect me to pay? & where in the country are you??

drain down system remove old rad fit new rads refill check all ok 5 hours work not including first visit to measure up, collect materials and radiators i would say it sound fair

Great thanks, I didn't really know how much, he says he charges ÂŁ200/radiator which seems a weird way of pricing! I'm happy it's somewhere near. I'm in the North East by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pricing check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock