Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure relief valve/ overflow pipe hot water discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I’m hoping for a little help with the below problem.

What I believe to be the pressure relief valve exiting out the side of my flat has a constant flow of hot water discharging from it. It is located right next to my boiler although it is boxed in. I am having trouble diagnosing (very basic plumbing knowledge!) so any help as to why this has started occurring would be great. Thank you.

Craig

Or the filling loop has been left open

Always ensure the filling loop is disconnected after use as per regulations. It should only be used as a temporary connection to fill up or top up the system. Left on it could let by and keep increasing the pressure to the point that the PRV is activated. And also could contaminate the fresh water drinking supply. Unfortunately we see it on a daily basis where the filling loop is left permanently attached but this is not correct. Put 1/2" female caps on the two ends of the valves once the loop has been taken off in case of let by to stop any drips or leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure relief valve/ overflow pipe hot water discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock