Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure relief pipe capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My combi boiler (logic 30+) is on the 1st floor and the pressure relief pipe runs straight through the external wall, terminating outside.

The pipe has a grey plastic cap on it, and (admittedly without any ladders to get close) the cap looks like it makes the pipe permanent sealed. It doesn't look like any sort of clever mushroom style cap.

If this pipe really is sealed, what would happen if the system pressure got too high? Where is that water going to go?

20180303_130132.jpg

there is a sort of cap with a slit in it that you can get could be that one but you need to check

It is a variant if the mushroom idea. Some guys use a 22 or 28 cap with a blob of solder, obviously with a gap between the pipe and the back of the cap. In the event of discharge the water will blow against the wall, rather than the passing pedestrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure relief pipe capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock