Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure release valve leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
We have recently bought a house and the towl rail in the bathroom was not drilled to the wall so i took it off and drilled it to wall and put the rail back all sound!!
But since then iv had problems the boiler pressure is showing at 0 but everything is working fine hot water and radiators and the safety discharge pipe (pressure release valve ??????)is leaking a good cup full when the radiators are coming on!! Im assuming that this is doing its job?? Also radiators are getting extremely hot!!! The boiler was working absolutely fine until i dis the towel rail...any help plz??

did you refill the system eg re pressurised

When the heatings on does the needle on the gauge rise quickly or quite slow and also has the needle risen up to 3 bar while the boilers on or only up to 2.

If you fitted the towel rail and put too much pressure into boiler it may have opened your safety valve , or you may just be unlucky mate..

image.jpg

I mean the prv may need to be replaced by an engineer as sometimes once they start passing you'll always be topping the boiler up. The prv is set to open when boiler reaches 3bar hence why I was asking if too much water had maybe been put in it Benjamin when it was topped up.

Pressure relief should be terminated outside Benjamin. Where's the water coming from ? You sure u don't have a leak

I mean that pipe should be terminated outside or wet floors unfortunately, Is it constantly dripping ? Think you may need an engineer visit Benjamin if it's inside boiler and passing ,

Could be an expansion issue. Or restriction to the expansion vessel.

Please get a local gas engineer sort it mate.

You will need a GSI to replace parts on your boiler and terminate the PRV pipework to a safe place , chances are when you refilled the system the PRV was triggerd possibly by over pressuring ? it is quite common for these valves not to reseat and need replacing, your internal expansion vessel will need attention to . regards kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure release valve leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
System Oil boiler has been loosing water through the pressure release valve so when system is cold the guage is showing pressure is too low and needs topped up. (This shows to be the isolation valves for top up loop are fully shut off) Expansion vessel was replaced with new one and still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock