Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure dropping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I did try and post this earlier so forgive if it comes up twice, I have an unvented central heating system that I have to keep topping up , I don't have any show of a leak so I just wondered where else it might be going . Cheers howy

do you have to bleed the system much?

Hi Shaun , I don't have to bleed system as I only allow it to get to 1 bar so rads are always hot when on , cheers howy.

Hi Shaun , I don't have to bleed system as I only allow it to get to 1 bar so rads are always hot when on , cheers howy.

no i mean do you have to bleed the system of air regular ?

any pipework in the floor ?

does the pressure relief valve drip ?

What does the pressure gauge read when it's running hot and what is it on when it's cold?

Can't feel any water from pressure relief valve , all pipe work is concealed as its a year old new build , Simon if I am honest I have not watched gauge from cold start to hot but I have been pumping up to approx 1.3 bar and after couple days it's down to 1.0 bar , what would I look for in respect of running pressures or is there something I should watch for cheers howy .

Can't feel any water from pressure relief valve , all pipe work is concealed as its a year old new build , Simon if I am honest I have not watched gauge from cold start to hot but I have been pumping up to approx 1.3 bar and after couple days it's down to 1.0 bar , what would I look for in respect of running pressures or is there something I should watch for cheers howy .

Does it drop below 1 bar?

Could leave it and see what pressure it ends up at. Is this something new? I've had some issues with unvented systems following works, you vent the rads etc. and owner later complains that pressure drops. Turns out it's venting through the AAV inside the boiler as air in the new water gets out.

Hello spark gap , been in just over year and is recent problem it's dropped from 1.3 bar to 0.9 in two days , I am going to see how low it goes . Howy .

Hi,

Please allow the system to cool down. Top up the pressure to 1 bar set the central heating temperature to maximum. Run the heating for an hour or soo before turning off check the pressure also have a look outside to see if the pressure valve is leaking.

If it's a new build and a year old I'm pretty sure you can get the house builders back. Most new builds come with 10 years warranty.

Am gas follewed your instruction , no water from relief valve and system settled at 0.9 bar after starting at 1.0 bar , it's a mystery . Howy

Hi all , just some feedback regarding post , it looks like the pressure vessel in airing cupboard has failed , thanks for all the help.

Hi all , just some feedback regarding post , it looks like the pressure vessel in airing cupboard has failed , thanks for all the help.

Thanks for letting the engineers know. Very kind gesture

has this been sorted as its 3 weeks old
have you checked your pressure vessel this needs to be pumped up to the right pressure 0.5 to 1,5 bars when centrol heating has been drained if water comes out when you try to pressurised
the vesslei has a fault and needs to be replaced if no pressure in vessel this needs to be pump up so that there is expansion in the centrol heatingif there is no expansion it will discharge out the prv you will see that the gauge will go up to 3bars when hot ?

Hi Chris , as said on my last post it turned out to be the pressure vessel as you say , new one installed all is fine but thanks for responding even after the time lapse . Howy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure dropping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock