Search the forum,

Discuss Pre-payment meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I've got to install a BEKO freestanding cooker tomorrow and I noticed that it's on a prepayment meter. Thing is that I've forgotten how you do the gas rate on this kind of meter and I can't find it in the GSR TB pages so can anyone help?

I'd also like to know what you do if there's no user manual and benchmark for the commissioning of a cooker as this guy bought it via flabby and there's nothing with it even though it's brand new.
Cheers :)

the one with a and b buttons or the one with digi nub pad?

The one with the A & B buttons - I didn't even know there was another type :)

Have a look at tb112

And

Press A to turn the screen on, then press A again to display the reading. Press A for the first time about 30 seconds before you need your accurate reading. Then with 10 seconds to go press B to update it

the one with a and b buttons or the one with digi nub pad?

Hi Shaun,

just out of interest how do you gas rate on the meters with the digi number pads...? Came across one last month but couldnt for the life of me work it out...

cheers

Hi Shaun,

just out of interest how do you gas rate on the meters with the digi number pads...? Came across one last month but couldnt for the life of me work it out...

cheers

keep pressing 9 until your m3 appearers and time again once done

Hi Shaun,

cheers
I took ShaunCorbs advice and I downloaded TB112. It's all in there. Here's the bit you need though :)
Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 07.10.48.jpg

Press A to turn the screen on, then press A again to display the reading. Press A for the first time about 30 seconds before you need your accurate reading. Then with 10 seconds to go press B to update it
how accurate do you find them, because they jump so much I never trust the results

how accurate do you find them, because they jump so much I never trust the results

I take them with a pinch of salt if there about the same kW as the boiler your fine ( normally can get them within 1-2kw)

Normally customers have a smart meter.... You can normally check how much kW the boiler is running on DHW via the monitor.

gas engineer mag this month has a good feature on the new meters , I have cut the pages out , put them in a sleeve and left them in the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pre-payment meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A domestic Gas Standard pre-payment Meter was exchanged for a Gas Smart Meter (SM) and then connected back to the pre-existing pliable/semi-rigid/anaconda connectors. I believe this is illegal and breaks laws and regulations when this was done on 30 March 2017. But my Utility company who had the...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with plumbers gold 🤣 - so decided to replace it and do some remodelling of the plumbing in the airing cupboard while it was all pulled out. before, during, &...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a cash-strapped church hall with a 2-year old Vaillant boiler. A timeclock was fitted by the original installer to the front of the boiler, but no room stat. I've advised them this isn't up to the building regs, and that it's not great for the boiler to have so much hot water...
Replies
Views
Can someone please inform me of the reason why a pre-payment meter used as the primary meter can not feed a secondary meter? Kind Regards
Replies
Views
Hi all... Relative newcomer to trade and doing this between other (unrelated) employments so forgive me if following questions identify me as a little "green"... A customer has asked me to look at their boiler/central heating in my capacity as a GSR engineer. The customer had a visit from Gas...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock