Search the forum,

Discuss Pre cast flue question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
I have been asked to do a landlords cert Friday on a gas boiler and a gas fire which I know is installed on a pre cast flue. The house are pre 1970 and I reckon the fire was fitted about 6 years or so ago by a local installer which has now left the trade.
My question is would that flue of that age be legal now on the fire? I assume that if the fire was suitable when it was installed it should be ok or is there a regulation now that says it should not be in?
Many thanks

As long as it’s suitable for a pre cast flue.
And it’s tests ok for spillage and smoke. It should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pre cast flue question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock