Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

power tools!?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum' started by plumberdan, Aug 24, 2008.

Discuss power tools!? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. plumberdan

plumberdan Guest

hey all, any recommendatoins for power tools? i currently have a dewalt 18v cordless drill, whats the best on the market? cheers:)

2. markfxy

markfxy Plumber

Hilti are the best but also the most expensive!

3. MarkB

MarkB Guest

Plumberdan,

Like with all things you generally get what you pay for. I use a combination of Dewalt, Makita and Bosch and have never had any problems.

If you're planning on buying cordless tools have a think about what you need now and in the future. If you choose a single battery system it will make it more flexible as you can run more tools from the one type of battery.

If you're prepared to buy online there are some very good deals so shop around.

Mark

4. mehera

mehera Guest

I have just got a makita lxt 3.0 litium hammer drill and it is the dogs bits!!!

Depends if you have got money, then makita or bosch are good, best to avoid cordless dewalt (the batteries are not too good).

If you are on a budget you face the greatest challange. Go for the best if you are going to use it all day long (like a cordless hammer drill), but you can compremise with kit you use less frequently.

Good budget brands are Erbauer, Ryobi, Mc Alleister and Wickes proffessional - dont buy DIY brands as the are . . . .

Poo!

5. plumberdan

plumberdan Guest

Thanks all, i have been looking at the dewalt 18v combo kit (5 pack) some of the tools you get are useful to have but is it value for money at just under 700 quid? the makita batteries do seem to last longer mind i will shop about i think. thanks again!

6. MarkB

MarkB Guest

Plumberdan,

If you're thinking of the Dewalt 5 piece set, have a look at Anglia Tool Centre,

DC5PAKB DEWALT 18V 5 TOOL PACK 2 X 2.6ah Ni-MH at Anglia Tool Centre

£479 inc VAT. I bought my 5 piece set from here and they were the best price I could find and very good next-day service. The prices for their spare batteries are good as well! I don't know how good Makita's batteries are but I havn't had any problems with my 5 Dewalt ones.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  7. 365drills

365drills Sponsor

I used to have a BOSHH 14v but it got nicked off stand. Used a Dewalt but its no where near as good.

In fact I paid £170 for the Dewalt and the Scewfix went an done a crazy promo on it.

First to £99.

Then to £79.

Gutted....

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/man.jpg