Search the forum,

Discuss Power flushing chemicals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi, planning to powerflush a microbore system, it will be a cold flush as need to go through the pump head. Just asking what chemicals people are using, i have been using Adey recently does anyone get any better results using anything else on a cold flush?

Cheers!

adey fernox tbh most are the same stuff im sure of it

x800/mc5 or x400 mc3

Adey will be fine mate go with that mc4 run in the system for a week then mc1once the system has been hot flushed and cold flushed , fit a mag filter to that will pull the rest out good luck kop.

Adey will be fine mate go with that mc4 run in the system for a week then mc1once the system has been hot flushed and cold flushed , fit a mag filter to that will pull the rest out good luck kop.
What products would you use prior the power flush a week earlier if there is no leaks but noise in the boiler ? Silencer ? Or x400

Last edited by a moderator:

think you miss typed mc4 is leak sealer

Opps well spotted shaun heres a picture of what i meant to use appologies kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-53-50.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-53-50.png
    599.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-54-40.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-54-40.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-54-49.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-54-49.png
    332.7 KB · Views: 4
if your in the trade williams this month have a special offer on adey chems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flushing chemicals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi i bought the house that Jack built and ohh has the heating been left to spoil. Prior to moving in 2 new firebird boilers were fitted, silver utility 35. The system is in dire need of a power flush and I intend on using FX2 to do the job. Can anyone advise if FX2 is ok with this boiler model ?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock