Search the forum,

Discuss Power Flush needed, but who? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rib

Got a new boiler in Feb. Was told a power flush was not needed and they added cleaner and next day came for about 30min in attic with hose, said it was clean.
Now I've put heating on again, rads are cold at bottom, so I presume full of slum.
Rang company who fitted boiler, told nothing to do with them what plumber told me, they don't power flush before install.
Anyway, now I presume I need power flush. Can anyone recommend me a company in Lincolnshire area.

Heating Engineer will tell you. Just because rads are cooler at the bottom doesn't mean they are full of sludge. (it does more often than not but it's not the only cause).

Never heard of them so I don't know. I would get an opinion off a Heating Engineer who has been round ans seen the job. I would not just book in a powerflush. It will cost hundreds and may not be necessary.

Was your heating set at a high temp? Was your trv's set to max?

Your rads may not have got time to warm up fully because of the setting. Turn stats and trv's to max boiler temp to max and run heating see what happens.

When your boiler was fitted they should have flushed the system to the British standard. This can be done using 3 methods, which one is used depends on the system conditions. A powerflush being the method used when a system is heavily corroded / contaminated. Most heating engineers can powerflush, ask for references if they are local to you

Plumber was meant to turn up today at 10am. I phoned at 12pm, he's finishing another job. The system does need power flushing. Gunk in attic tank. Now need to find another reliable plumber.

I read up a lot about power flushing as I thought I needed it. However I did a bit of investigation myself. I found my pump (in the airing cupboard) was thick with black deposits, like charcoal, and only had about 3mm diameter hole for flow to pass. I replaced the pump. I also flushed through the system using cleaner, filling it and emptying it 3 times until the water was clear.

I read up a lot about power flushing as I thought I needed it. However I did a bit of investigation myself. I found my pump (in the airing cupboard) was thick with black deposits, like charcoal, and only had about 3mm diameter hole for flow to pass. I replaced the pump. I also flushed through the system using cleaner, filling it and emptying it 3 times until the water was clear.

New pump, boiler and 3 port valve fitted 8 months ago.
Just need someone to recommend a reliable plumber in my area who power flushes.

Isn't croft up there @cr0ft anyone you know ??

New pump, boiler and 3 port valve fitted 8 months ago.
Just need someone to recommend a reliable plumber in my area who power flushes.

Did they not flush the system prior to installation of the new Boiler the?
If not, what was the reason?

Have they completed the Benchmark? Was it a big firm of chancers?
I have no idea about benchmark. Green Deal Contracts. Under the government free boiler. They didn't fit a magnaclean, which they said would be fitted. They say it didn't need power flush. Trying to get money back for the magnaclean I've had to buy.

I was always under the impression that each boiler company can only give warranty when the filter, scale reducer and a power flush prior o the boiler installation has been done. However, I would call the engineers back as it's less then a year and should be still under labour warranty. Thats cutting corners, not installing a filter neither a scale reducer even though promising you mutual that they would. Did you try getting them back out to you ? Perhaps you should ask them to come back and install the filter and do the powerflush as any boiler manufacturer will recommend that prior to the installation.

I was always under the impression that each boiler company can only give warranty when the filter, scale reducer and a power flush prior o the boiler installation has been done. However, I would call the engineers back as it's less then a year and should be still under labour warranty. Thats cutting corners, not installing a filter neither a scale reducer even though promising you mutual that they would. Did you try getting them back out to you ? Perhaps you should ask them to come back and install the filter and do the powerflush as any boiler manufacturer will recommend that prior to the installation.
Yes the boiler manufacture said it should have been power flushed. But Green Deal said that a flush and cleaner were fine. They are not contacting me back. I'm going to citizen advice.

Yes the boiler manufacture said it should have been power flushed. But Green Deal said that a flush and cleaner were fine. They are not contacting me back. I'm going to citizen advice.

These government schemes are great for the cowboys; they get to fleece both the customer and the tax-payers.

My guess is that once getting someone competent to make good all the sub-standard work is added into the equation they don't do much towards saving the planet either.

:(

You could always use a Fernox system health check. Send it off, get report on system water.
Take it from there. They will send you a full analysis of the water by email in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flush needed, but who? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock