Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton system - low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

De'Iveote

Hi There

I have a potterton system boiler. I bled a rad and now have no pressure, can anyone tell me where I attach the filling loop hose

The two pipes under the boiler with the plastic valves on them have been capped are different sizes - is this unusual ?

There is a third capped pipe connected also but this doesnot have a plastic valve - which two do i connect to ?

5342310909_892efd96d7_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your filling loop will be else where, cupboard underneath boiler, cylinder cuboard, under sink or is some of the piping boarded in ?
The 2 valves at each side are heating flow & return. The filling loop requires a cold water pipe to link to a heating pipe.

Thanks - I'll go have a better look

I also found the video below - is it relevant to my system ?

[video=youtube;obZK53tnaF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZK53tnaF4&playnext=1&list=PLC4B2DC62AEE17586&index=54[/video]

Your filling loop will be else where, cupboard underneath boiler, cylinder cuboard, under sink or is some of the piping boarded in ?
The 2 valves at each side are heating flow & return. The filling loop requires a cold water pipe to link to a heating pipe.[/QUOTEy

i made that mistake once asked the customer where filling loop was and got a blank look. i explaned what it looked like and still blank look so i got one and fitted it to boiler. a day later i got a phone call saying can i remove that silver pipe thingy we have one of them under the sink

It's definitely well hidden !!! - but anyway I managed to find a pro - he is calling over tomorrow ! I will post where it is when he finds it -

Ok - the plumber was here -

He said there is no filling loop- that the boiler is gravity fed - he will fit one tomorrow - nothing that he can do tonight, so another night of freezing my knackers off.

Seems to me there must be a way of getting water in - or how was it filled when installed ?

Any ideas anyone ?

banana.gif
I did it ...I fixed it ....
banana.gif
I'm warm now...

Thanks to everyone ... what got it in the end was ... a syringe, a piece of hose pipe and a spanner !!

Thank you and good night.

take a look in your attic, for some reason some people/installers connect up the filling loop on the old cistern fed part of the system and they get calledback to fill it when the pressure drops as the owners cant find a filling point! found 2 like that last year.

Checked the attic, just straight pipes to the tank - the house is only 6 years old, everything about it was cheaply built - there wasnt even any insulation in the pipes up there, there is a gale blowing through the windows etc etc.

is this a potterton gold system? look at your instructions or post a pic of the boiler

5346984911_d04aaed21c.jpg

5346983709_baf856d39d.jpg

Any Help to you gas man ? what are you thinking ?

By the way I got it up to .8 bar is this enough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton system - low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock