Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima goes off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Syty

I was wondering if any of you had this problem and could give me advice.
I had a call today from a costumer about POTTERTON Suprima 60-80. He has two boilers installed, one for DHW and one for CH.
The CH one has to be reset every 24h, otherwise it stops heating. Once it's reset, works fine for another 24h +/- 2 hours.
They have had this problem since they bought the house (for over a year ).
I would suspect bad wiring or thermostat. I think it had PCB changed already.
I thought maybe anyone would have some more ideas to share before I go there.
thx

PCB's are always going on those. Might be a idea to find out when it was changed. PCB's are the biggest problem on the suprimas.

PCBV's are a weak point on these boilers to say the least, but you really need to find out at what point it is locking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima goes off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked the inlet standing pressure which was at 25mb. Boiler attempts to fire and the pressure drops by 1mb but the gas valve doesn't open. Checked the black...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old). It turns out after checking Serial number with Potterton that it was manufactured in 2003. Had it regularly serviced but a few weeks ago it failed...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
OK I could tell the whole story but this is where I am now . The boiler will work for a day or two and then lock out with ignition fault. Reset and it may go for another couple of days. Heating engineer could find no fault & said wait until it fails altogether. Thought I might as well change the...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
I have a customer with a Potterton Suprima boiler that keeps locking out with a red flashing light. If you reset the boiler it fires up fine and heating and hot water work etc and then it just locks out again after an hour or so. Everything looks in order and flue is clear, customer had a new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock