Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Promax 28HE Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patrick Bateman

Just got a quote for a new boiler installation from Scottish Gas and the advisor recommended this boiler. Anyone have any experience with this?

I assume the advisor was impartial. I asked about Bosch and Vaillant (current one is a 25 year old Vaillant) and he said they're not as reliable as they used to be and are perhaps going on past reputations.

Trying to find decent reviews of boilers seems rather difficult. What other options should I consider?

Firstly, don't take tbe quote of SG, it'll be horrendous.
Secondly, I'd rather fit an Ideal Vogue 32/Viessman/Vaillant.
Thirdly, put your area up and get a few quotes from the team on here :)

They've quoted me under £2500 all in.

I'm in Carnoustie, Angus though so I'm all ears.

boilers a good one,its a baxi duotec HEA,but your not getting the long warrantyon potterton that you would with the baxi version,price will be better with a independent both Ian (ID chappy) and tamz live in your part of the world

It's not a bad boiler and not a bad price i guess, they are usually 1K more :lol:

If there's anyone closer ? If not I'd have a look at it for you?

If there's anyone closer ? If not I'd have a look at it for you?
Thanks for the offer, is it not a bit far for you though?

Unless of course anyone can recommend someone in the Dundee/Tayside area?

If you really don't mind coming that far?

Sounds like I'm as well going for the Baxi version of this boiler if it is the one I want to go for. I'm not after all bells and whistles, more dependability.

How's this for a revival. Could do with some input here.

IDCHAPPY fitted my Baxi boiler not long after I started this topic and it's been issue free until now- just had a repair under warranty today (a plastic cartridge was leaking and this in turn knackered a motor) but I've been without hot water since Monday night.

My Home Emergency cover wouldn't touch it as it's still under warranty, much to my dismay given it's why I got it!

So in this scenario where I still have over 5 years left on the warranty yet Baxi struggle to send anyone out quickly, how best to go about having emergency cover? Seems a bit pointless paying extra for something still within warranty but 4 nights with no hot water in February is not something I intend to repeat.

How's this for a revival. Could do with some input here.

IDCHAPPY fitted my Baxi boiler not long after I started this topic and it's been issue free until now- just had a repair under warranty today (a plastic cartridge was leaking and this in turn knackered a motor) but I've been without hot water since Monday night.

My Home Emergency cover wouldn't touch it as it's still under warranty, much to my dismay given it's why I got it!

So in this scenario where I still have over 5 years left on the warranty yet Baxi struggle to send anyone out quickly, how best to go about having emergency cover? Seems a bit pointless paying extra for something still within warranty but 4 nights with no hot water in February is not something I intend to repeat.

Wasn't going to as it's not an installer issue just a general question regarding emergency cover during a warranty period. (he's far too far away for an emergency call out too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax 28HE Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock