Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton profile problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIY Bob

I have a Potterton Profile 100e boiler that has started giving trouble. It's a fully pumped system.

We went on holiday for 3 weeks, so I turned the boiler thermostat down low and set the programmer for one hour a day, just to keep it ticking over. When we got back, I reset the programmer and turned the stat back up. Next morning woke up to a luke warm shower.

When the boiler came on, it ignited for a few seconds and then went out. It kept doing this same cycle, igniting for a few seconds and then off for ages, without really heating the water. After fiddling around with it, it eventually came on and has worked fine for 5 days, but this morning the same problem has returned, on for a few seconds, off for ages.

Any ideas what might be the problem before I call in an engineer? Boiler or pump?

The Engineer called and it's working OK now. (No gas advice on the open forum). Hope this is helpful to any of you who come across a similar problem on your rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got it sorted and took the right route, calling a GSR engineer. I'd imagine the solution will be blotted out just in case, the not so sensible, read this and attempt to fix it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton profile problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock