Search the forum,

Discuss Potable expansion vessel hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ,
I've heard that you can't use potable expansion vessel hoses now when installing new unvented cylinder. As it is not wras approved. It must be piped up rigid .is this true ? What do you guys do ??

It was always the case that a hose installed on either hot or cold water services had to be WRAS approved.

There are issues with vessels on the end of dead legs, be that hoses or rigid pipe. It is alway best to take the cold feed as close to the vessel position to minimise this.

It would depend on manufacturers instructions. You must hold a G3 cert to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potable expansion vessel hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi How simple is it to replace the expansion vessel hose? Do I simply turn the boiler off, drain the boiler and swap hoses, using some PTFE tape?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm pipe almost fits over the threads so I assume it's 3/4 BSP? Does that sound right? The other end goes to the valve, will a flexi like this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock