Search the forum,

Discuss Possible problem with the Central Heating Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mexicano26

Hi,

I have recently changed two radiators in my house. Due to a leak I had to drain the system and then refill. Upon restarting the boiler I have now a ticking/grinding noise which is coming from the pump, and no heating or hot water. The boiler is firing up, the programmer appears to be in order and the motorized valves are moving as expected. I am by far no means an expert at this but have done several plumbing jobs around my house but this has me completely stumped. How do I know if it is the pump or not and could it end up being the tank? Any ideas are greatly appreciated as the winter weather is hitting my area hard at the moment.

Thanks.

could well be air in the pump. turn everything off then with a screwdriver large enough carefully unscrew the big screw on the front of the pump with a towel held under it to catch any water that comes out. no need to unscrew it completely just enough to let any air out. you may need to do this a few times to rid of all air.

Hi there,

I have try this and as expected gunk did come out but once cleaning it and letting the air I put it all back together and still it is making a loud grinding sound when it is turned on. Any other ideas? I have a video to show if I can somehow get it uploaded to here. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible problem with the Central Heating Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on the first floor and then to feed a towel rail in a bathroom a rad in the utility and a rad in my lounge on the ground floor. Can I run my 22mm flow &...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock