Search the forum,

Discuss Positioning of boiler Flue on external wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I’ve bought a new build that’s just had kitchen installed (due for completion in 8 weeks) I went to see house this week and saw my house differs to others on site. (They are semi-detached and mirror each other, with flue on the side) my semi detached is different, they put my flue on front of house and the attached house, their flue to the side. When I questioned it, the site manager said it was ‘a minor adjustment they made and it was tough’. It sounds petty but their reply really annoyed me.

I’m wondering what the regulations are with regards to width from other house and whether there is something I can do to have it altered, as I know it’s going to annoy the crap out of me.

155E6D0B-04CB-4845-9C1E-0B4128879ABA.jpeg

why o why have they put an brown cover plate on

why o why have they put an brown cover plate on
I know I think that’s why it’s stuck out more. The other comment is the flue had to go on front due to gap on side, not sure why they didn’t put the adjoining house flue to front too so it matched. I think they messed up with gap to side. It’s really going to annoy me as it’s different to the other houses.!

I wonder if there’s anything I can do, if the gap is too small. Cream Flue? Bury the site manager.! (Joke) doubt they have mirror next door to match mine now.

depending on boiler they might do a white flue eg

flue-end-1.png

if theres a flue to the left of you in the gap that ones not right either

As Town has quoted the flue position is correct it could not exit the other wall as it is to close to your neighbours boundry and property what make of boilers are being fitted ?. Cheers kop

Screenshot_20180929-194258.png

Huh? That gap between the houses looks more than 600mm so it depends where the boundary line is, probably something daft like run out of correctly sized kitchen cabinets so had to stick the boiler somewhere else. Not much you can do now 'cept make it look less conspicuous as above.

Last edited:
The Meter boxes would annoy me more than the flue.
What's going on with the (Hood? ) extract very close to the side of the coach light?

If it annoys you so much just paint the cover the colour of the house .
Yes that has already been discussed thanks.

As it’s a build currently under construction they should have really done the positioning of the flu correct, matching all the other houses. Especially as this is the last phase of houses being built of a big development. Thank you for your understanding.

I think the exposed white service pipe going up to the utility box is naff but the house looks nice and neat. When it’s all done and weathered a bit most things will melt into background. Thro a bit of old milk on the wall to get fast genuine mould ...that’s the funny bit

Is that a pair of identical semis to the left of you because I don't see a flue exiting into the alley from your other neighbour.

Yes that has already been discussed thanks.

As it’s a build currently under construction they should have really done the positioning of the flu correct, matching all the other houses. Especially as this is the last phase of houses being built of a big development. Thank you for your understanding.
That’s when they normally “change” things.

Reply to Positioning of boiler Flue on external wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock