Search the forum,

Discuss Position of a AECV entering property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi. I am wanting to install an AECV in a flat. The pipe comes into the kitchen just above floor level where the units will be. Is it ok to put the valve behind the plinth as long as the plinth is removable and the tenant knows this.

Here is a picture.

20180531_150858.jpg

No it's not needs to be accessible at all times eg seen

Thought so. So it will have to go on the vertical pipe to the right as the cupboard is not going to have a back. That is as close to where it enters the property I can get that is accessible.

Who did the boiler install?

Let's hope the gas is the 15mm in the middle...otherwise....,
But yeah, aecv needs to be accessible otherwise what's the point? If the boiler is the only appliance, then an aecv prob isn't even necessary, considering where it's going to go...

If i had to guess the gas supply is the sleeved 22mm pipe that passes through the wall and skirting at low level then reduces to 15mm before connecting to the boiler , i would alter the supply so it comes out at plinth level to the left elbow up fit a AECV then back on its self to connecct to the boiler all in 22mm , a label will need to be fix above the valve stating Gas Emergency control . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Position of a AECV entering property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock