Search the forum,

Discuss Polypipe Overlay & UFH - Will this need additional Insulation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am working in my house which has a suspended wooden floor. My plan is to remove existing floorboards and fit new 18mm plywood directly onto the joists all around. (the underfloor ventilation was poor and blocked so some of the floorboards are in poor state.) I have already cleared out some of the rubbish that was there and cleared the air vents (one of them was completely blocked up with cement).

Then to put the Polypipe Overlay boards down onto this new plywood and finally put down tiles directly onto the Polypipe Overlay boards as per manufacturers instruction in product guide.

Overall I think this may not be the absolute cheapest way of doing it, but it should be quick and easy.

What do you think about my plan for the new floor / UFH system?

I am wondering is it worth adding any insulation between the joists? Or will it be adequate since Overlay panels will sit on top of 18mm plywood?

Reply to Polypipe Overlay & UFH - Will this need additional Insulation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock