Search the forum,

Discuss Polypipe and Pipe Thermostats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hunda67

Hi,

Might be a stupid question but here goes. Can I fit a pipe thermostat to a polypipe carrying DHW? Will it work as if fixed to a copper pipe or should I change the pipe for copper?

Thanks.

I'd put in a piece of copper to make sure the heat is conducted to the stat properly.

What brand are you fitting. Is be speaking to the thermostat support and also the pipe manufacturer. Both should be able to tell you if its suitable or not.

Thanks for the replies. Tried it with nothing connected to the pipe thermostat and wasn't very reliable. Will try putting in a bit of copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Polypipe and Pipe Thermostats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi, Our Polypipe thermostat doesn’t seem to be reading the room temperature correctly. It is working ok, in that it activates the valve but we have to manually reset the temperature each time to activate the underfloor heating. Any suggestions please?
Replies
Views
T
I have polypipe underfloor heating and been advised the thermostat needs replacing (blank screen after changing batteries etc). The thermostat advised is Polypipes ufhprogb - this seems out of date and so I wanted to know if I can use an alternative make / model instead or if it has to be this...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
I have a Neura heat pump and my thermostat has failed (Theben RAM 797 b). I'm looking to replace it with another more modern one I can use with an app etc. My question is, can I replace it with any thermostat or do I require a very specific type thermostat to run the heat pump? Thanks for...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and are these connectors suitable for water and gas? Also I see that there is a special tool to release the connector if you get it wrong or not quite...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock