Search the forum,

Discuss PLumbing Lecturer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

AS one gets past 50 and less bendy and more arthritic my thoughts lead to teaching what I have done for the past 30 years - what do I do/need - I see the jobs advertised from time to time but apart from Acops acts now out of date I have no plumbing qualifications but masses of knowledge.

centralheatking

i was thinking of the same thing, getting the qualifications. it takes 2 years of night classes where im from in northern ireland.

i have been plumbing for around 12 years so will want to get there sooner than later
i would say that you need your level 2 and 3 nvq plumbing and then a hnc in mech services/ building services etc
may be different where you are.

quals in the trade you teach and assess

teaching quals

assessing quals

i am currently in the process of becoming a part time engineering tudor, the minimum requirements were GCSE Maths/English, level 3 technical certificate. the job involves site (as in factory) visits to help/assess apprentices and the engineering council puts you through a teaching qualification over a couple of years. Must admit, i thought the minimum requirements would be much higher.

Well,you know what they say "Those that can,do,those that can't,teach"

Only joking:):)

You mean those that can do,do do ,those that can't,do'nt do do,just do do do's all day,I prefer to do,rather than do do's however when you get older it is easier to do do do's and show how to do than to do do.s,I believe
:confused::confused::p

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean those that can do,do do ,those that can't,do'nt do do,just do do do's all day,I prefer to do,rather than do do's however when you get older it is easier to do do do's and show how to do than to do do.s,I believe
:confused::confused::p

I'll take your word for it,you lost me after the 4th"do":)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I had the same idea and after 25yrs working i started to teach full time in college. You can only teach to the level of qualification you hold, not above. Most places expect at least level 3. You would need to gain a teaching qualification either a level 5 Diploma DTLLS or Cert Ed. You'd also need an assessors qualification and in addition an O level or equivalent in maths and english and be efficient using computer systems such as excel and powerpoints. These qualifications can often be gained while you teach in the first two years, but it's a long hard road to start with and a lot drop out, either because they don't like teaching or the initial training workload becomes too much.
Lastly you need a mountain of patience, imagine eighteen teenagers or adults under your feet all day, demanding attention and answers to everything they ask. You have to organize them, keep them safe and on target, while trying to educate them all. Some will pick it up quickly others will take longer, needing more input and practice.
If you're interested there's lots of websites online advertising work, maybe part time would be a good option until you decide if it's your cup of tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PLumbing Lecturer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock