Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing/Heating Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

franbrad

My boiler has given up and I also have a leak somewhere under my concrete floor. As a result I have had the pipes capped until I can get them re-directed. I cant afford a whole new system so am thinking of buying a used boiler and getting the pipes dropped from upstairs to downstairs in the hope that this will fix it. Could really do with some advice as to the best way to go about this. Costing for this etc???? Thanks in anticipation

Good luck with a used boiler and someone fitting it!

I'm not asking for sarcastic comments - I am asking for genuine advice!!!!!

That's about as genuine as it will get. Are we talking oil or gas?

It's gas. I have a very limited budget and have been without heating throughout the winter whilst I saved up to get repaired - unfortunately my boiler is dead and I have just managed to pay for the leak - I am on a water meter so it was a bit disastrous.

Don't like to say it, but give british gas a call and get it on the never never.

Gas can't be done on the cheap!

Its got to be right. And it would be a false economy to fit a 2nd hand boiler

So how much am I looking at to get a new boiler fitted and pipes redirected.....If anyone has some idea - I have 3 radiators upstairs and 3 downstairs.

Firstly if you can find a second hand boiler and a gas safe engineer willing to fit it, you have no guarantee and recourse if the appliance packs up once the guys walked out the door and that's not including the safety implications of fitting a second hand appliance. You are on a hiding to nothing really as no engineer will give you a quote without visting the job as there are to many variables to guess via the forum. Your best bet is to get a heating engineer (gas safe) round and explain the situation and make an informed decision on the best way forward. Then get two or three written quotes for a new boiler and joining back onto your central heating. good luck

ÂŁ1200 onwards +vat depending on boiler and location.

If you post your location so local members might be able to give you a quote

Maybe look into the various green deals if you are on certain benefits...you may be able to get one for free,depends on your circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing/Heating Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock