Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing for kitchen waste in 50mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siimon

I have a boss pipe with approx 63mm diameter entry point, and want to find a 50mm reducer, to go to 50mm solvent pipe. I've been having trouble finding these - only managed to find 32/40mm versions so far.

Can anyone help?

many thanks,
Simon.

Hi Simon some of the reducers fit over the boss itself rather than in it Terrain used this method check out their website and look at boss pipe adaptors...regards Turnpin:27:

When I fitted mine, I sourced the boss from my local plumbing merchants in Purley. They gave me a boss strap that you just solvent weld the 50mm pipe to. You may want to try your local plumbing merchant

Last edited:
Turnpin: Even though I find that unlikely, I'll measure the O/D and do a search on that, I suppose it's worth a go!

V.I.: I already have a boss, so don't need to add a strap, and in fact I'd have trouble fitting one to what I have now. I've tried City Plumbing who sold me a 50mm S.W. to 50mm pushfit (now have to take it back). Don't really want to try Graham's as every time I ask them anything they don't seem to have a clue, but I suppose I should, just for completeness.

The problem is that many boss pipes have 50mm outlets, so you can just S.W. to them direct to go to 50mm, and I guess that's what folks do, however mine was from Wickes (or possibly Screwfix, can't remember which), with these 63mm outlets and it seems only 63mm x 40mm or 63mm x 32mm adaptors are catered for by most suppliers.

I have found one - just one - company on the interweb called Nationwide Supplies that do them, but they charge a handling charge for orders < £60 making it cost £10 delivered, and I'm worried it might not be quite the right size when I get it.

I can't believe only one company can supply these.

I just measured the pipe labelled '50mm' and it has ID 52mm and OD 56mm, so what I really need is a 63mm to 56mm adaptor, which the above may or may not be, so then I looked at one of the so-called 50mm fittings and shoved it into the boss and it's not such a loose fit! I'm sure this is not the way you're supposed to do this, but if I file off the embossed writing on the side of the fitting I think a straight coupler has a good chance of becoming my adaptor!

you need a boss adaptor for the make of soil that you have

Steve this is the problem. The boss was from Wickes and they advertise the boss as having adapters for 40 and 32mm but not 50mm, so even though it's got 63mm ID bosses you can't (according to them) connect 50mm to it.

It doesn't matter though, I bought a solvent weld straight coupler from Toolstation, code number 53224 for £1.03 and stuck it in with solvent cement. It is a perfect fit and there's no way it's coming out now, so job done!

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing for kitchen waste in 50mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock