Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing course Sensible advice required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdumb

Hi there, as probably many before I have found myself scouring forums to find some sound advice regarding a 7 week plumbing course with reactfast in Birmingham. I am informed it will not give me all of the required knowledge just "the basics" to get going in the plumbing industry doing small jobs, only will it be enough? I would intend on continuing my skill development and gaining recognised qualifications. Has anyone done one of these courses? or know of Reactfast as a training facility? the course is 5k offering 6022,6032, BPEC water regs & part p defined scope electrical will these open any doors? I hope this isn't too many questions but my only info so far is the sales rep at reactfast.:confused::confused:

Hi the courses you will be taking are great if you want to start in bathroom installations but thats the best way to start, I don't do gas and 95% of my work is bathroom installations the rest is outside taps, and kitchen taps / washers and the odd radiator change, if you do these courses the best advice i can give you is team up with a tiler. you may be thinking you can do it all yourself but you are best working with someone else
1) to do it all your self takes to long and most customers want it done in a week
2) some jobs take two people (whirlpool baths, fiting wire from lofts to the fuse box (on your own you are up and down with two one can feed the wire the other can pull through) )
3 ) you can help the tiler this helps you by not paying for another course and its on the job training,
4) more customers are just wanting the one bill so if your team can do every thing and your cheaper than the bathroom installation companys you get the job
EG: we did an en-suite last month the customer got all the items (bathroom suite, shower, tiles, undertile heating) in total the customer paid £5800 this including our installation costs, a company the do bathroom installations quoted him £12000 to supply and fit, we are now going back to do the main bathroom

hope this helps

Thanks for the good advice uug its greatly appreciated.

Hi uug, i was reading another thread and you say that the part p will changing next year do you know when? as the course im doing starts in dec finishes end of jan.

Last edited by a moderator:
17th edition comes out mid Jan and there is a 6 month change over period, so if your course starts december ask if it is the 16th edition or the 17th edition if its the 16th try to put it off untill the new courses start as the bigest change is in bathroom installations.

The 6022 and 6032 are not really worth anything, I would only do a course where you get the 6129 and 6089 as these are the recognised qualifications for being a plumber. And for £5000 I would want to be a qualified plumber at the end of the course and on the job assesments for the 6089. A lot of it is to do with confidence, will you be confident enough with only basic training to go into someone else's house and do a job which technically your not fully qualified to do. I personally would want to know I was fully qualified first.

If you are looking at going into bathroom fitting alone, then these courses cover what you need to know.

Thats the type of training we offer at our plumbing training centre along with your water regs card for less than a grand. You will get a level 2 qualification from it that can be used towards your NVQ assessment. Why pay all that cash for something that you can learn in 2 weeks?

Plumbing Courses from Chase Plumbing Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing course Sensible advice required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock