Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Course and Gas Safe Assistance need, pay for a course or go as Junior? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elahi_1

Hi Folks,
I am very sure this question comes up a lot, but I am a little stuck.

I am looking to do my NVQ Level 2 in plumbing and Gas safe. The problem is I can not go via the college route as its far to long 2-3 years ( my nearest colleges suggest) as its part time.

I checked two companies out access training and able skills and there mix reviews about them and I do not wish to shell out money to be in a sticky position where I am running around and the teachers are not very good and ultimately not satisfied with the company / teachers and the set up.

Can anyone suggest a good company or is the best way forward to contact as many companies as possible and look to work as a junior to gain experience and possibly get the company to pay for it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.
Elahi

Okay guess I'll bite the bullet then lads lol :uhoh2: I'm sorry to say mate if you want to learn plumbing and heating properly you've got to be prepared to put the work in and that takes a minimum of 4years at college while ideally working with an plumbing and heating engineer for that time.

These companys are snake oil salesman and will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you to sign up with them in the end it costs you alot of money and time wasted and the "qualification" they offer aren't worth much in the real world.

go on city & guilds website find the nvq level 2 plumbing page 6189 at the right hand side you should see a "where can I take this course" enter postcode of where these training companies are based and see if they are registered with C&G I'll bet you a pound to a piece of poo they aren't!

I've just enrolled on the plumbing studies level 2 course at my local college, it's 2 evenings a week 6-9pm for 70 weeks, you get a city & guilds technical certificate at the end of the course, but you can get the full NVQ Level 2 qualification if you are able to get work with a qualified plumber to complete the required onsite assessments as the course is identical the NVQ Level 2 including the exams, the tutors even confirmed this to me, the course costs £1125 and if you get a loan for this amount over 2 years it will cost you roughly £13 a week.
2 years at college might seem a long time but in the end you will be far better taught than on one of these fast track courses and it is far cheaper, I'm 32 so will be 34 when I finish the course, then I plan to do the level 3 which goes more into complex plumbing and incorporates gas, that's another 2 years, but when you consider retirement age could be 70 for us so to me there's plenty of time, no need to rush

Retirement at 70 lol

Sure I heard proposals were in place for you to work til you die at work. :)

Just aslong as you get the job finished before you die phil otherwise they'll resuscitate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Course and Gas Safe Assistance need, pay for a course or go as Junior? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas safe engineer I am keen to work with someone who is more experienced for the first year or so to learn more about identifying faults ect (ideally based in SE London). I can be available at short notice for ad hoc work (It doesn't need to be a...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for any gas engineers vacancies in the north west if any engineers/companies can help me out. I have just completed an Managed Learning Program gas diploma and have passed my ACS for CCN1 and CENWAT with Hybrid Technical Services in Aintree Liverpool that I funded myself. I will...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock