Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mozzo

Ladies & Gents, Looking for a few plumbers in the north London area and surrounding, 10 miles radius of Wood Green who would be interested to provide plumbing service/joint install projects. I have a number of leads to install Honeywell Evohome systems but I only want to deal with the control and programming side of things associated with the Evohome. The plumbing side may include radiator valve body replacements, system drain down and refill with inhibitor, automatic bypass valve fitted if not present. Naturally this could amount to a significant sum and this work would be a direct contract with you and the client via my introduction and at what charge you apply to the required work. The client prospects are financially able and savvy and so I am seeking professional plumbers, well presented in all aspects including client contract T's & C's to facilitate such work. Please let me know if you are interested. I am a part P registered electrician and honeywell trained Evohome system installer and general heating controls installer. Thanks Ian

Hi Eddie, It's not really sorted at all. Been speaking to a few plumbers but nothing really sorted as yet. In fact I need to have a few plumbers that I can collaborate with as people may be busy when needed, so I need a few and not just one or two. Also for simplicity, I don't just want to point a Evo home client at a plumber and then leave the client to sort out the plumbing work as a separate job with the plumber. These clients want simplicity and one stop shop, so want to deliver a complete service with one point of contact. One of the most important thing I am looking for is quality of service which also means written T'S & C's so a client knows what they are getting and what warranty they will get for the service they pay for. Not looking to do any verbal agreement once it gets down to actual doing work for a client. You interested. Regards Ian

Hi Eddie, It's not really sorted at all. Been speaking to a few plumbers but nothing really sorted as yet. In fact I need to have a few plumbers that I can collaborate with as people may be busy when needed, so I need a few and not just one or two. Also for simplicity, I don't just want to point a Evo home client at a plumber and then leave the client to sort out the plumbing work as a separate job with the plumber. These clients want simplicity and one stop shop, so want to deliver a complete service with one point of contact. One of the most important thing I am looking for is quality of service which also means written T'S & C's so a client knows what they are getting and what warranty they will get for the service they pay for. Not looking to do any verbal agreement once it gets down to actual doing work for a client. You interested. Regards Ian

The problem is, mozzo, that most of us are heating engineers as well as plumbers, and can wire up and configure controls systems. Quite a few of us have done the Evohome training and are accredited. So what's the incentive in taking on just the wet part of the job, with you dictating how we interact with the customer? Having written T & Cs doesn't automatically equate to quality service, and verbal agreements from a trustworthy tradesman are worth more than a piece of paper.

Mozzo,

i think you're about to fall into the pitfall of expecting self employed tradesmen to act as an employed one.
sadly it wont happen as the money isn't going to be good enough in reality as we would be charging it as replacing lock shields +trvs as normal, where as you want to take the wiring aspect off the top as an easy job and easier money.
the customer will pay twice the labour and be savvy enough to realise its too much.

the biggest issue you're going to hit is if you do get someone to work at an "acceptable rate" to win the job. you will book the work in, said plumber gets their own in for that day at three times the amount of profit, what are they going to do?

you need to get your hands dirty to begin with, get busy enough and then take a lad on to do the wet side as you wire up.

as ever a government scheme with too many peeps involved jumping on the bandwagon

Some one else wanting to ride you and be paid for the experience?

On the contrary gents, not looking to get a plumber or heat engineer to act as an employee and also not looking to dictate what fee is applied to the wet side of the works. I do my own plumbing works at home but if a plumber was coming into my home to charge me £600 to drain down, fill up and change TRV bodies and lock shield I would be insisting on a written quote with T's and C's and what warranty I would get once the work is completed. I surely would not be accepting verbals. It's work coming from another source, nothing more, nothing less. I am just choosing to sub out the plumbing works and the T's & C's of the plumbing work would be to me, not the client. If sub contract work and doing business in a professional way that is documented is not for self employed plumbers, then that's fine. That is how I work with my clients on the electrical side and it wins me business with the right clients who want to know what they are getting and the expected quality of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock