Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Apprentice, York Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt T4

Hi there as you can see I'm new too the forum and in need of some help.
For the past couple of months I have been looking for a Plumbing firm willing to take me on as an apprentice. I have secured a place at York College for a NVQ, to enable me to train as a plumber.
I have had contact with my local Future Prospects who have been helpful and supplied me a list of local plumbers to contact. I have been through my list of plumbers now, also the local yellow pages and business pages of the phone book. I have also contacted my local plumbing centres to see if they know of anyone willing to take on an apprentice. At the moment I must say I am struggling to find a firm who is willing. Most seem of the view that taking on an apprentice an inconvenience for which they get no benifit, due to the lack of government funding.
I am 29 years old and have a wealth of work and life experience, is there anyone out there in the York area who is able to help me? I am due to start my course this september and without a firm to take me on I am unable to begin my training for a new career I care so passionately about.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

hi mate, i tried to get an apprenticeship. sent out letters for months, secured a college position but never got a job position and so i just couldnt get into the trade via the apprenticeship method. however i did my city & guilds 6129 and sent out what seemed like billions of letters to plumbers, eventually i got offered a job and have been working with a plumber for the past 3-4 months full time. before that i did odd jobs with plumbers here and there. just keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Apprentice, York Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock