Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing and Heating Engineer Position Beds, Herts & Bucks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one know of a heating engineer/plumber looking for a new start, must have 15 years plus experience, domestic ACS and be capable of working on his own initiative.

The work involves all aspects of the trade from diagnosing faults on boilers, underfloor heating, central heating systems etc. to fitting complete bathroom suites, they must have all round knowledge of the trade. Boiler change knowledge and boiler servicing skills are essential.

The completion of paperwork accurately and thoroughly is also a critical must as I will be quoting work from notes made by the engineer (if the engineer gets it wrong, I get it wrong, then we lose money and face). Time scheduling on jobs is also very important and the engineer must be prepared every now and again to work past the normal 5-30pm finish time but that will very rarely happen if we all do our jobs correctly, accurate timekeeping is crucial within the company.

The position is PAYE, very competitive and comes with an excellent package to the right engineer, I will be introducing a performance related pay scheme in the near future so our engineers will be able to basically earn what they want. The engineer will be given his own van but must have his own intensive tool kit which should include everything from stepladders to gas leak detecting equipment.

I have over 30 years experience in the plumbing & heating industry, both commercial and domestic, the right candidate will become one of a team of engineers controlled by me from our offices based in the Welwyn area, and I try to keep allocated jobs within a 30 mile radius. The whole operation works successfully because both the engineers and office work as a team, if either mess up, we all mess up.

Seriously, do not contact me if you are not the right man for the job, it will be embarrassing and very costly to all of us, I am looking to turn our small established team of professionals into the largest and best in the area, second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing and Heating Engineer Position Beds, Herts & Bucks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock