Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing/advertising ideas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DTBPlumbing

So Im all qualified and GSR, got the van and tools. Im advertising free online with Yell/Thompson and Google and have posted out fliers too.
Ive also emailed cvs and covering letters to all the letting agents to and councils and am getting a cscs card encase any site work becomes available in Bath.
I guess i just have to be patient and do a good job and word of mouth will take over and it will begin to snowball. Im getting bits and bobs but its not really enough to live on. Im going to have to see if theve anything at the jobcenter soon. Its a bit depressing perhaps labouring or working in a factory when being GSR.
Any ideas about anything else i could be trying to get more plumbing work, Im out of ideas!

Don't try radio, what a waste of time.

As for word of mouth having a snowball effect that will take years to take affect.

I could spend more on local advertising but its money and Ive borrowed enough off family although they say if i borrow more for advertising the quicker i pay them back.
I keep getting calls from people telling me how great it would be if i spent more on my online advertising. Im not doing that though as Im quite happy with what Im doing now, and its free.

I spent ÂŁ100 for a 18 second advert on a local radio station for 1 month, number of calls 0.
I spent ÂŁ10 for an eighth page ad in a local parish monthly booklet, my tenner covers me upto the end of the year (6 months), number of jobs since June 1st 3.

I suppose it just goes to prove that more expensive advertising is not always the best.

Hi DTB Plumbing, get yourself a Google plus account and then open a Google places for your business, wait 2 weeks for postcard to come through, then activate account, then get previous customers and friends and family to add reviews, this will put you on page 1 of Google maps. Do not be suckered in to Google ad words, costs a lot of money. also email your previous customers, with updates and news with links to website. How did the estate agents go? maybe keep badgering them as they will only use you when the plumber they use lets them down and will of forgotten your letter by now. come back in 3 weeks and let me know how busy you are!!

Thanks for the tips. I've done the whole google thing and found myself on page one yesterday. I've got reviews and that too.

Yeah its a good idea to follow up the letting agent emails with a call. Also the website link to previous customers is something I will now do.

I was on page one of Google for about four days. Then I wake up and check where I am and I'm back half way down page two for some reason. Ive got loads of pics and descriptive content as well as 3 strong reviews! and there are company's above me, lots of them with seemingly nothing.
Ive looked a bit into it already and seo seems to be something that would help but that's not for me.

https://sites.google.com/site/dtbplumbingandheating/

https://www.************/dtbplumbingandheating

Until it kicks off their is always subbying. Google heating jobs south west and it should bring up a few as I was looking the other day and their was 1 subbying in Bristol not bad prices either through rig energy that's if you don't mind traveling to Bristol.

Dont get friend and family to do reviews for you on Google please!

Seriously it is well dishonest . . . .

So Im all qualified and GSR, got the van and tools. Im advertising free online with Yell/Thompson and Google and have posted out fliers too.
Ive also emailed cvs and covering letters to all the letting agents to and councils and am getting a cscs card encase any site work becomes available in Bath.
I guess i just have to be patient and do a good job and word of mouth will take over and it will begin to snowball. Im getting bits and bobs but its not really enough to live on. Im going to have to see if theve anything at the jobcenter soon. Its a bit depressing perhaps labouring or working in a factory when being GSR.
Any ideas about anything else i could be trying to get more plumbing work, Im out of ideas!

No it will be a bit depressing getting refused for a labouring job BECAUSE you are GSR . . . . .

Dont get friend and family to do reviews for you on Google please!

Seriously it is well dishonest . . . .
Is it dishonest if you've done work for family and friends?

Yeah, it is eitherfriends or family that I have worked for or I have sent genuine testimonials from customers who haven't got google plus, nothing worse then pestering customers for testimonials.

Until it kicks off their is always subbying. Google heating jobs south west and it should bring up a few as I was looking the other day and their was 1 subbying in Bristol not bad prices either through rig energy that's if you don't mind traveling to Bristol.

Thanks thats something else to try. I guess patience is important, its gonna take time.
Im proud of my reviews.

https://sites.google.com/site/dtbplumbingandheating/

https://www.************/dtbplumbingandheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing/advertising ideas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock