Search the forum,

Discuss plumbers' merchants in the UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JLock21

can anyone recommend?

There are various threads on this.There seems to be 2 ways of using merchants.Use the cheapest for particular items,time consuming and a lot of driving around.Use 1 main merchant ,show loyalty and nail down his best terms.My local Plumbase is excellent and has been a lot of help to me.He knows he has virtually all my business.With national chains it depends so much on the local manager.

Ooooh......none spring to mind at the moment...............let me have a think for a bit.

Give Williams a try best service you will get they are one of the only merchants that know what they are talking about

Williams are trademonly, you won't get in the door as a retail customer :)

Is that right, Williams are trade only ?

If so, this is how it should be.

Its great, no half wits asking what this part is and how to fit it!
or asking how to hang a rad
or asking whats an expansion vessel
or trying to get a better price on the retail.
Or trying to get good boiler at carp boiler price.

Is that right, Williams are trade only ?

Yes. We are a wholesale merchant, not a retailer, and retail punters are not allowed in our stores, unless accompanied by a tradesman.

Two reasons - 1) to speed up service on the counter, because we aren't wasting time on someone who doesn't know what they are doing, and 2) because we think that trade margins need to be maintained in the interests of a healthy industry.

The latter may be fighting a losing battle against the internet, but at least we can try.

Ian he does not need to open a scottish branch he ships up to here buddie i have got a few boilers off him *cheaper than up here* lol

Cheers for the advice all - I'm not retail but thanks for heads up there, no messing! has anyone used plumb merchants ltd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers' merchants in the UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock