Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber didn't fill in benchmark certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Customer123

Customer here. Just had loft done. Never met the boiler installer but he didn't fill in the benchmark certificate in the installation manual. So I am having problems registering the warranty and am worried that the boiler hasn't been commissioned properly. Apparently there is some kind of paperwork in the post but I presume it is the legal bare minimum eg gas safety certificate. Also there is water behind the boiler where the pipes come out but the builder is refusing to send the installer back. Help!

Hi,you need to find out exactly who fitted boiler,and was he Gas Safe registered and if so,did he carry out commisioning checks properly? If he's not registered with Gas Safe you need to report this to them and get boiler checked by a qualified engineer. Do not use till you are sure!!

The boiler hasn't been commissioned properly, it is a legal requirement and as you've discovered validates any warranty. Get the plumber back asap.

^^ agree you need him back , if he hasnt filled in something as simple as the benchmark I doubt if hes installed it correctly, HE must register it not you .

Is there a difference between submitting a landlord's Gas certificate which gas safe says is the only legal requirement and the benchmark commissioning certificate. Is the latter a legal requirement?

Has it really been fitted by someone else ??? I would be gobsmacked if gas safe said the benchmark wasn't a requirement

It's a legal requirement that benchmark page is filled in by registered installer when commissioning boiler. If your a landlord it's also a legal requirement to have gas installation checked annually. I repeat - get in contact with person who installed boiler.

Is there a difference between submitting a landlord's Gas certificate which gas safe says is the only legal requirement and the benchmark commissioning certificate. Is the latter a legal requirement?

The Benchmark document is a LEGAL requirement under Building Regs, which carry the full force of law, so Gas Safe would never say that it is not required.

You're confusing the Landlord's gas safety certificate with the Local Authority Building Regulations Compliance certificate.

The landlord cert is required annually on rental properties (you will need a new one as a new boiler has been installed), but the Compliance Certificate is issued by Gas Safe on behalf of your Local Authority after the installer has registered the boiler with Gas Safe. There is another way of getting one but it costs a lot more and takes much longer so nobody does it that way.

Sounds to me like the installer is not Gas Safe registered...

If you paid the builder to install the boiler as part of loft works then your contract is with them, it is their duty to ensure it is correct & get anything which is wrong sorted out.

Do not settle for "it's the plumbers fault" "we can't get hold of him" etc.

Are you holding any moneys against the company ?

The only two reasons not fill in Benchamrk is
1. Cowboy job non GSR installer
2. Cash job/hiding income from taxman

In either case I highly doubt that any such individual would bother to comission a boiler properly (or even install it properly)

Customer here. Just had loft done. Never met the boiler installer but he didn't fill in the benchmark certificate in the installation manual. So I am having problems registering the warranty and am worried that the boiler hasn't been commissioned properly. Apparently there is some kind of paperwork in the post but I presume it is the legal bare minimum eg gas safety certificate. Also there is water behind the boiler where the pipes come out but the builder is refusing to send the installer back. Help!

Whys he refusing to come back?

It smells fishy
Did you do the boiler yourself??

Mmmmm....

OP we are prepared to be open-minded but you need to help us out here. If you are upfront and honest with us then we may be able to help. Maybe not but you'll never know unless you try

What has a llgsc got to do with a newly installed boiler?

Somebody boo boo'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber didn't fill in benchmark certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock