Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbase prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to Plumbase this week for a few things. Plumbase is the only plumbers merchants in that town.

1 x 22mm equal compression tee.

- That's £11.40 plus VAT
- I only need 1, not a pack of 5
- That price IS for one
- What about trade discount?
- That IS with discount.

Gotta be taking the "p". £11.40 plus VAT for a single 22mm equal tee. They were going to charge me £7.10 plus VAT for a single solder-in type bleed cap.

Went to the builders merchants opposite and they had 3 plumbers vans outside so people are obviously going there instead, and a good range of fittings they had just started stocking. Said they were doing a roaring trade in plumbing stuff and I had to queue to get served. I could have had 4 22mm equal tees plus some change left over for the price Plumbase were going to charge for one, and I got a pack of 10 bleed screws for only £2 more than Plumbase were going to charge me for a single one!

Last edited:
Plumbase are the same as a lot of other merchants. They will rip it at any oppertunity even with account holders then they complain when they have never seen you for 3 months. If you have an account get hold of the rep and get terms fixed out but still watch them.

Haha. No I'm cancelling the account and have set a new one up with the competition! Most of my gear comes from another merchants who deliver but its too far to go just for an odd part now and again.

I tend to use Tradingdepot.co.uk for most stuff now.

Plumbcentre radiators, 6 radiators all doubles 600 quid.went to a local plumbers merchants for a price 315 in vat...

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a local merchant and if I ask, they'll match internet prices. Most of their stuff is cheaper than Screwfix (and PTS, Plumb Centre, etc) and they deliver and they get stuff in the next day, etc, etc.

If I've not been in for a couple of days they'll ask if I've been on holiday and tease me sometimes (because I still ocassionally ask dumb questions).

I keep saying to loads of people that shopping independently and locally (not just plumbing but anything) is usually much better value than using the chain stores. Also customer service is usually much, much better and always more personal.

Went to a local merchant the other day for a bayonet fixing £6.50 and a cooker chain £4.50 (£11).
Pllumbfix around £4.50 the lot grrrrrrrr!!!!! Could of cried.

I find you can get good prices going to your local independant merchants, my local can beat grahams on most things, rads and fittings, where grahams will give you a discount for buying fittings in bulk, they will give you there cheapest price.

ive just shut my account down at plumb center / woseley`s and opened one at grahams . 6 rads boiler and fittings all the same difference in price was nearly £200

I usually use Crossling but they are a good drive away if you need something in a hurry

Tool station are quite good, just checking out Plumbfix at the moment. HPS are pretty good too.

Cheapest 3/8" bottom entry wc inlet valve at Plumbase is 35 quid!
They must be avin a laugh.

Had that problem. I used one of 365 drills set to enlarge the hole to take a 1/2" valve!

i use pts and city plumbing they normaly give good prices on most things except fittings - end up going plumfix or take my plumbfix catalouge in the merchants with me and show them the price difference most times they reduce their prices to somewhere near.i have noticed some times in ptd its cheaper to but 50 or a 100 fittings rather than 20 but they wont tell you that .

Went to a local merchant the other day for a bayonet fixing £6.50 and a cooker chain £4.50 (£11).
Pllumbfix around £4.50 the lot grrrrrrrr!!!!! Could of cried.

4th straight bayonet hoses are a bargain in Wickes £32.99 check their website if you think I'm making this up...

Williams Trade (down South) are reasonable and fairly consistent as far a pricing goes. Local Merchant can be good for obscure items, but tend to be expensive - paid £28.38 for a Metro round flush valve!

Everyone say local independants are cheaper but mine isn't, I stopped going there 2 years ago due to high prices accross the range. I keep seing him around and I feel guilty but what can I do.

My PTS is okay but as said expensive on fittings, I have to buy online though as I never have time to go and stand behind that numpty in the queue who has a long list and messes about.

I'd buy online but because I live in the sticks, we have to queue to use the internet down our lane ...

Started buying from Trading Depot over the internet. Prices seem better than PLumbfix at the moment.

Started buying from Trading Depot over the internet. Prices seem better than PLumbfix at the moment.

Whats the quality like on the copper tube 51.30 + vat on 30m of 15 is good.

Plumbing Supplies | BES Gas & Plumbing Fittings best place for fittings, ask them to post a catalogue, get an account.

Ring up with an order, make sure it's over £40 and you get next day delivery.

Don't know about the rest of the country, but around the North east, DHL are bloody awful, don't deliver to neighbours even when on the delivery note so I specify Tufnells, and they do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbase prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock