Search the forum,

Discuss Pls Help: Boiler on, but no hot water or CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, really hoping for some advice as a very cold family up here in Manchester.

Have a Baxi Solo 2. The boiler turning on fine, all the orange lights on as expected. Can see pilot light and can hear boiler fire up.
But getting no hot water or CH, no matter what position I put the programmer in.
None of the radiators are warming up, even the closest. Have reached behind the boiler and none of the pipes seem to be getting hot even with boiler on.
Have a Wilo pump, and if I adjust the speed up and down can here the change in flow.
Motorised valve doesn't seem to be stuck. Have removed it and manually adjusted the valve but no difference.

The only change I have noticed is that when the boiler is on, it would normally cut out after a couple of mins once up to temp. Since today, if I turn it on, it just stays on.

Cant understand why none of the pipes exiting the boiler are hot??

Please, and advice gratefully received.

Regards Zack

When you hear it ramp up how long before it drops out again ??

And have you tried opening the port valves manually by using the lever on the side of them ?

Once boiler kicks in, it isnt kicking out again like it normally would, just stays on permanently, unless I turn off at the programmer. Yes tried the mid port valve in various positions, but no difference.
No strange noises or kettling from the boiler either, even if been on ages.
Very confused.

And you can see flames (other than the pilot)

That is strange the pipes should heat up

I can definitely see pilot light kick in and stay on. But how would see the rest of the flames? Glass viewer isn't big enough to see rest flames. Sounds like their are on but can't be sure. Is there another way to check?

With casing off, would you expect the front of boiler to get very hot, as it is staying cold?

You should be able to tell when the main burner is on (you will hear a sound difference when it lights like a woooof)

You should have heat on the pipes above the boiler

Any chance of a few pics of the boiler / cylinder/ where the pump is ?

Please see attached.

20171111_210616_resized.jpg

20171111_210623_resized.jpg

20171111_210643_resized.jpg

20171111_210650_resized.jpg

pumps not on in pic?

i would say its not firing (on full flame) just pilot, tbh you need a gas safe engy mate could be a few things

Think you are right, initially thought it was sludge or airlock blockage, but clearly the issue is in the boiler itself. Thanks for the help.

if it was sludge or an air lock the pipes on show to the right would get hot

Found this on another site, and I think this perfectly describes the issue. I would say it is the solenoid on the gas valve, would you agree???
'
Probably the commonest cause of a Solo PF boiler not going from pilot to main burner is a solenoid failure on the gas valve. If a pilot alone is present and you also have 230V between red and blue at the gas valve then the fault should be with the gas valve as the main gas solenoid should open.

If the correct voltage is not present between red and blue then either the circuit board is faulty or the wiring connections are faulty or, possibly, the ignition contacts are dirty.'

you need a gas safe engy mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pls Help: Boiler on, but no hot water or CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock