Search the forum,

Discuss please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrismon

i have a problem that is the opposit to a lot of other people.
after leaving school i went to work with my uncle for about 8 or 9 years.
anyway cut a long story short, in my second year of working with him he got ill with the big c. and left him disabeld however being the old git he is he carried on working so at the end of the day i never had the time to go to collage ! now allmost ten years later i find myself redundant from my job with a wife and 3 kids. anyway after a few phone calls to a couple of my uncles old mates i find myself going around fitting bathrooms kitchens ect.
Now i really want to get myself on a course. problem is..
i have looked into fast track and the nearest place was just intrested in how i can give them ten grand.
most of the local collages only seem intrested in under 25s and me being 33 dont help.
just wondering if any one on here knows of any way i can do this.

hi mate, im 28 and at college studying plumbing they cant stop you goin on a course because of your age.

if you working alongside someone you could do the the tech cert at colege alongside your nvq 2.

so i would get intouch with your nearest college and get as much info as you can.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
agree with andy, just cos they are not interested, it's your right to go to college if you wish.

if you have been doing the job for so long would home study be an option if its only the tech cert you need then home study and then go sit the exams.
if you want to go as far as the nvq then train to gain could be worth looking into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock