Search the forum,

Discuss Please help me figure this out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I live in East London in a victorian mews house. In the past few days I've noticed an odd sound, as if the water is running somewhere in the house, followed by a 'clunk' noise intermittently. It happens every 20-40 mins and lasts 3-5 seconds. This happens when the house is idle, i.e, even when no taps / appliances are used.
The 'clunk' noise is something I am familiar with, in the past this happened when we had high water pressure, and switched a tap on and off. To fix this, we turned the water pressure down – the clunk noise stopped and the tap felt 'softer'.

Other things that may help with figuring this out (maybe):
When taking a shower, the water pressure sometimes drops for a few seconds. Sometimes it is only a drop in pressure, sometimes the temperature change as well.
Also in the past couple of months our kitchen mixer tap had been 'sticky', ie difficult to open and close, but we didn't get around to fixing it yet.

Any ideas what this could be? It's not a bit problem obviously but worried it would turn out to be later!

Many thanks,

T

check your toilets one of them maybe emptying (normally seal on flush valve has failed )and then refilling the clunk will be when its full but then the toilet empties again and the cycle carries on

My partner tested the toilets and you are right! it seems that something is wrong with our downstairs bathroom.
Thank you sooooooo much for your help!

Reply to Please help me figure this out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock