Search the forum,

Discuss please desperate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just think when you flush your toilet, where does it go ? ? down not up :)

Just a thought.
If your landlord wants to sell the house then she will be making you homeless.
In that case your local authority will provide temporary accommodation for you and your family until a suitable property becomes available for you.

This route may provide you with a much better home with a housing association for less rent.

She won't be made homeless the landlord will have to sell with her tenants in. So it will be sold as a buy to let.

I see this all the time were landlords first step into this market thinking they are going to earn mega bucks and do not take into account maintenance cost. Pensions still are better return on investment than rental property.

Most just buy and stick someone in without making sure the're no nigels like heating, plumbing and electric problems.

Debbie I hope to god you get your problem sorted. Tell your landlady to post a the job on here in the looking for a plumber and heating engineer section.

An update, landlady been, says we have adequate heating, even though she did finally admit one in front room now warm at all, she said she will send a plumber round in about 2 weeks time, & if it needs new boiler or anything like that we have to wait til april when she can afford it
she said house feels warm, she had thick coat on & i pointed out not turned heating off for days now, but when it gets dark house gets colder, she said then its prob to find somewhere else to live after contract runs out in april, if we want to leave earlier then she was happy with that as well
I just stood & cried my eyes out, by nearly 2yr old came crying to me holding me tight, I was wearing a dress with cardigan, she said it cant be that cold if your not wearing tights or anything, i was gobsmacked, i pointed out to her my clothes are in the washing machine been washed as ive been wearing same jumpers all week to stay warm..
If we get kicked out i dont want to end up in a bedsit/flat or put on a horrible estate, my elderly mum is around the corner from me, & i dont have ÂŁ1500 to move again just like that

why our we been punished?,

An update, landlady been, says we have adequate heating, even though she did finally admit one in front room now warm at all, she said she will send a plumber round in about 2 weeks time, & if it needs new boiler or anything like that we have to wait til april when she can afford it
she said house feels warm, she had thick coat on & i pointed out not turned heating off for days now, but when it gets dark house gets colder, she said then its prob to find somewhere else to live after contract runs out in april, if we want to leave earlier then she was happy with that as well
I just stood & cried my eyes out, by nearly 2yr old came crying to me holding me tight, I was wearing a dress with cardigan, she said it cant be that cold if your not wearing tights or anything, i was gobsmacked, i pointed out to her my clothes are in the washing machine been washed as ive been wearing same jumpers all week to stay warm..
If we get kicked out i dont want to end up in a bedsit/flat or put on a horrible estate, my elderly mum is around the corner from me, & i dont have ÂŁ1500 to move again just like that

why our we been punished?,

I can't help you other than to say contact citizen advice, you have rights. Your health is the utmost priority, you need heating. Write everything down that has happened and take it to citizens advice. Good luck with your case, if I was in Lincoln I'd at least drop you some heaters off.

Anybody near Lincoln guys?

just posted a request for a local engineer to help you debbie. I notice you said before you have a gas fire but dont feel safe using it. You can get a card type carbon monoxide detector which will last 3 months from places like b and q four a few quid.

Somebody must live near this poor lass. Can't someone pop round at the very least to give her some advice on the problem so that she can tell her landlord? Who knows, you'll probably end up with the job if you diagnosed the problem for them in the first place.

Come on guys...... :yes:

It's be nice of it could get sorted but I don't think I've ever seen anyone in here from Lincoln, I don't even know where it is so not sure who may live near it.

call the hse asap and they will send someone around to asses the property for every fault discreetly.
the faults they find will be recorded then they will give the landlord 2 weeks to rectify them or charge them to put contractors in to sort.

they dont mess about.
my niece rents from my uncle and she called the hse in and all works done as they have to commit to an agreement.

dont spare the l.l thoughts as they dont care!!

hi you need a gas safe eng 2 check what working pressure is at the gas valve i have come across were it is the gas valve

The radiator in our front room is on 8mm and even I as a plumber in my own house am unable to balance it properly. Been meaning to re-pipe it in 15mm but like the rest of those jobs I don't get paid for working on my own house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please desperate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock