Search the forum,

Discuss please desperate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debbie look at the top of the screen where it says notification , its orange for a reason :)

sorry didnt see that, new to all of this, ty

have the rads got trv's on them?

is that the dial with numbers 1-5? then yes, we have tham all turned up to 5, weve tried turning some down to see if it makes a diff to heat others but it doesnt really, so cos we have snow now we kept them all on 5, the boiler is turned on full as well, 14 hours a day min

hi debbie, with regards to your landlord saying she cant keep paying for the engineer tell her get a good one and you wont have to. Further more if you recieve housing benefit they can help you with this as it is your landlords duty. You also say your landlord has threatened to sell that is her problem not yours, you are what is known as a sitting tenant, she would be forced to sell the property as a rental property and you could not be evicted (if you have a contract) May i suggest witholding your rent, you are legally allowed to do this and it would take atleast 6 months for your landlord to forcefully evict you.

hi debbie, with regards to your landlord saying she cant keep paying for the engineer tell her get a good one and you wont have to. Further more if you recieve housing benefit they can help you with this as it is your landlords duty. You also say your landlord has threatened to sell that is her problem not yours, you are what is known as a sitting tenant, she would be forced to sell the property as a rental property and you could not be evicted (if you have a contract) May i suggest witholding your rent, you are legally allowed to do this and it would take atleast 6 months for your landlord to forcefully evict you.

others has told me this now, but im frightend as i really like it around here, she took a very large deposit & 1 months rent up front too, my contract runs out end of april, i dont have the money for more deposits, rent vans etc, i am on housing benefits yes due to disability, i just dont like the idea of not paying as ive always been a good honest person & not to owe people

if you do not pay, you can show her you are keeping the cash to pay her once you feel the home is adequate. Having your heating on for 14 hours a day however will mount up very quickly perhaps it would be best to pay for your own independant inspection (shouldnt cost too much). Good luck with this, i hope you get some help soon.

others has told me this now, but im frightend as i really like it around here, she took a very large deposit & 1 months rent up front too, my contract runs out end of april, i dont have the money for more deposits, rent vans etc, i am on housing benefits yes due to disability, i just dont like the idea of not paying as ive always been a good honest person & not to owe people

Passing you a :chillpill:

If you have circulation issues then I'd advise turn all the radiators off to the rooms that you don't use and try and heat those you do! ........... ÂŁ10-15 buy's you an escape from hypothermia via a fan heater..!!! Why worry about loosing your home when you pay well? A good Landlord wouldn't hold that kind of threat over you surely? ......!!!

Passing you a :chillpill:

If you have circulation issues then I'd advise turn all the radiators off to the rooms that you don't use and try and heat those you do! ........... ÂŁ10-15 buy's you an escape from hypothermia via a fan heater..!!! Why worry about loosing your home when you pay well? A good Landlord wouldn't hold that kind of threat over you surely? ......!!!

theres only 1 room we dont use little bedroom, but if theres no heat in there it gets freezing, double glazed yes too
the landlady said she cant afford to keep sending in plumbers & will have to sell house, its a cruel thing to us yes, but its her house

Hi Debbie, are there any temperature readings on the front of the boiler? Also you mentioned that the rads weren't getting very hot. What about the pipework itself are the pipes at the boiler to hot to touch?

Hi Debbie, are there any temperature readings on the front of the boiler? Also you mentioned that the rads weren't getting very hot. What about the pipework itself are the pipes at the boiler to hot to touch?

no temperature readings, just a dial to turn up/down you'd have to guess for a temp on it, theres the pressure bar thing 0-5 its set at one & a half
ive turned heating of now as cant afford to run through the night, so pipes not hot, theres 5 pipes from boiler, 2 are warm others are cold

but its her house

NOPE! It's yours!! They may own it but you live in it! They sell it with you as resident! They can't touch you as long as your lease is relevant! Citizens advice, as mentioned before, can help you as can many charities etc! In the mean time get yourself some heaters there's a cold snap about haven't you heard? :) -4 here in Newcastle right now!

NOPE! It's yours!! They may own it but you live in it! They sell it with you as resident! They can't touch you as long as your lease is relevant! Citizens advice, as mentioned before, can help you as can many charities etc! In the mean time get yourself some heaters there's a cold snap about haven't you heard? :) -4 here in Newcastle right now!

yes its been -6 here all day :(

no temperature readings, just a dial to turn up/down you'd have to guess for a temp on it, theres the pressure bar thing 0-5 its set at one & a half
ive turned heating of now as cant afford to run through the night, so pipes not hot, theres 5 pipes from boiler, 2 are warm others are cold

Two of the larger pipes will be your heating flow and return. If one of these gets very warm almost to hot to touch and your rads are still cold then as has been said sounds like a circulation problem. Pump/blockage but the plumber should have been able to establish what pretty quickly.
If neither are getting particularly hot then could be something else to do with the boiler.

Two of the larger pipes will be your heating flow and return. If one of these gets very warm almost to hot to touch and your rads are still cold then as has been said sounds like a circulation problem. Pump/blockage but the plumber should have been able to establish what pretty quickly.
If neither are getting particularly hot then could be something else to do with the boiler.

ty for your time & help, much appreciated

So what you doing about alternative heat 'debbie'?
were running the boiler to give us what it can & wear lots of jumpers, we have a gas fire but petrified of using it cos of the little one, we all sleep together to keep warm at night

ty for your time & help, much appreciated

Debbie i don't know you from ADAM ...............SO..... If you're the landlord of the aforementioned issue then get some alternative heat around to your tenant ASAP........... However if you are Debbie tenant? then turn the heating upto to max, keep warm and GET SOME ALTERNATIVE HEAT! until things are sorted :) ............ Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!

Debbie i don't know you from ADAM ...............SO..... If you're the landlord of the aforementioned issue then get some alternative heat around to your tenant ASAP........... However if you are Debbie tenant? then turn the heating upto to max, keep warm and GET SOME ALTERNATIVE HEAT! until things are sorted :) ............ Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!

I cant afford other heat, i have boiler on 14 hours a day to get some warmth through house, just having fire on wont warm other rooms, i am the tenant, im on a pay meter so it doesnt allow me to keep using gas if its not there
I am ringing housing up tomorrow & cab see what they can do

I cant afford other heat, i have boiler on 14 hours a day to get some warmth through house, just having fire on wont warm other rooms, i am the tenant, im on a pay meter so it doesnt allow me to keep using gas if its not there
I am ringing housing up tomorrow & cab see what they can do

Good for you :) .... Set up temp accommodation in the room that's hottest and COMPLAIN like beejeevers!! :) Sozz for the quizzing regards tenant or landlord? Get Landlords on here wanting to get out of their obligations :)

Give your money to someone worthy debbie in my opinion!

Once again, keep yourself warm! :)

Good for you :) .... Set up temp accommodation in the room that's hottest and COMPLAIN like beejeevers!! :) Sozz for the quizzing regards tenant or landlord? Get Landlords on here wanting to get out of their obligations :)

Give your money to someone worthy debbie in my opinion!

Once again, keep yourself warm! :)

thank you hun, i hope all those landlords who cant be bothered to help to keep others warm go to hell, Its frightening when you have children & your trying to protect them in this weather

thank you hun, i hope all those landlords who cant be bothered to help to keep others warm go to hell, Its frightening when you have children & your trying to protect them in this weather

If you're paying out ÂŁ400/month minimum least you want is to know is you or your kids ain't gonna wake up dead eh!? lol

try ÂŁ550 a month with a ÂŁ650 deposit

You need to move up here! Might be colder but your money goes further! :)

I rent out my old home, an ex LA property for exactly the same. 3 bedroom semi with most around owned not council! :) Heyho eh?

You need to move up here! Might be colder but your money goes further! :)

I rent out my old home, an ex LA property for exactly the same. 3 bedroom semi with most around owned not council! :) Heyho eh?

lol my uncle was from newcastle who worked for british gas.. my australian husband is a professional painter & decorator, but work is so tight

Just a thought.
If your landlord wants to sell the house then she will be making you homeless.
In that case your local authority will provide temporary accommodation for you and your family until a suitable property becomes available for you.

This route may provide you with a much better home with a housing association for less rent.

lol my uncle was from newcastle who worked for british gas.. my australian husband is a professional painter & decorator, but work is so tight

Small world ... I worked for BG 25 years before going it alone :) Got a cuz in Australia who'd ex ... husband is a painter and decorator...........LOL .. go figure! :) His name is Pete/Peter! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please desperate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock