Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic to copper ? Compression or pushfit ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tidying up the plumbing in my son's airing cupboard as it's a bit of a maze. and adding a new shower pump. I was planning to do the plumbing in the cupboard in copper, and the pipe runs to the shower under the floor in plastic as I have to go through quite a few floor joists.

When joining copper to plastic whats the general opinion as to the most reliable method ?

Use compression joints onto the plastic pipe or pushfit from the plastic onto the copper ?

I was probably going to use JG Speedfit for the plastic as it seems easier to find where I am, if that makes a difference.

Either or is fine. Make sure you use an insert on the plastic.

I would use the pushfit to make the connection. If you use compression dont put it under the floor

If you use plastic, it's important to use the correct Speedfit insert. (also see Neil K's post above). There are two types. If unsure, ask at your supplier which one you need. I tend to use plastic connectors and Speedfit, unless the joint is visible, where a compression looks neater. Only once had an issue which was whilst training (yonks ago): I forgot to use an insert and had a leak - luckily in the training area, not a customers home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic to copper ? Compression or pushfit ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new. The leak is at the bottom compression fitting on the lockshield rad valve. The rad is a chromed steel towel rail, and the valve is brass/copper, the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock