Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic pipe for drinking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jvr

Hi Chaps
got to quote for connecting an american fridge to the mains water feed.What type of plastic pipe to suitible for connecting to the mains supply as i'll need also to connect the last bit with a flexi pipe so the customer can move the fridge.
Thanks Ta
P:confused:

The fridge will, usually come with plenty of the stuff on anyway, 10mm flexible stuff, and all that is usually required is an apppliance valve. make sure door is connected properly too.

Any 15mm plastic pipe will do and the fridge will come will some pipe to conect so just leave this long enough for customer to pull fridge out
But let a plumber do it as I don't think you have any idea about plumbing

Any 15mm plastic pipe will do and the fridge will come will some pipe to conect so just leave this long enough for customer to pull fridge out
But let a plumber do it as I don't think you have any idea about plumbing
Cheers
P;)

The fridge will, usually come with plenty of the stuff on anyway, 10mm flexible stuff, and all that is usually required is an apppliance valve. make sure door is connected properly too.
and thanks Steve001
its my first american fridge on my new venture:eek:
P

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you need some of that 10mm blue stuff like they use on pneumatics and water coolers. Often it comes with it. Check the fridge first, if not a trip to the merchants will be required.

Sometimes you need some of that 10mm blue stuff like they use on pneumatics and water coolers. Often it comes with it. Check the fridge first, if not a trip to the merchants will be required.
Thanks,i'll look out for that
P

Well I think a 10mm or 15mm flexible pipe will be good enough.

The most obvious advantage is the lightness of the pipework, which makes for ease of handling, but the most important benefit is the ease with which plastic can be cut and joined. This means that the level of skill you require to undertake a particular plumbing task is greatly reduced, as is the amount of time you require to carry it out. Both systems are also strong and durable, more resistant to frost than a traditional plumbing system and, unlike the latter, not subject to corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic pipe for drinking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock