Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic or Copper piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this thread,
i was called out a few weeks ago very early (0315) to a large site i work in at times. A well known plastic pipe feeding a water dispenser on the first floor had failed in mid run. when i bet it by about 30 degrees it failed several times. The building has now had all the plastic pipe of that age replaced.
I think they are glad the security guard did his patrol.

Just came across this thread,
i was called out a few weeks ago very early (0315) to a large site i work in at times. A well known plastic pipe feeding a water dispenser on the first floor had failed in mid run. when i bet it by about 30 degrees it failed several times. The building has now had all the plastic pipe of that age replaced.
I think they are glad the security guard did his patrol.
How old was the pipe? was it barrier pipe?

the building is about 9 years old, dont think it was barrier. Someone else replaced it.

9 years isn't long. Blimey.

I do a fair amount of work in offices, nearly always tea points, and water chillers. All run in the trays above the suspended ceiling. Always plastic until it drops down on show. If you run in in copper, you would be the only one doing it. Doesn't mean its a bad thing...

The good thing with plastic is you can have no joints and run it 30 meters across an big open office. Then one elbow, and you're drop in copper tube.

Pipe work cable tied to the tray/grid. Quick and easy. If you get a leak in the office of some of these big companies, they will hang you out to dry.

Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic or Copper piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock