Search the forum,

Discuss plant room or not to plant room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon folks, wondered if I could get a take on an issue I have come across on my travels.

Customer of mine had a guy out to do some work on his pool boiler. The guy was not the usual guy and found a list of remedials as long as your arm (typically).

One that he has picked up on is surrounding the pool boiler situ. It is in a room just off the swimming pool and is literally just the boiler in there. The guy has classed this as a plant room and says that it requires hardwired co and smoke alarms in there.

Is he trying it on?
Is this a plant room?
Is there a legal requirement for co/smoke alarms in there?
Do they have to be hardwired??

To me this doesn’t even look like a commercial install so not sure if someone can point me in the right direction.

size of boiler and meter?

Domestic on both counts mate. Thanks for the reply

Is it a different story if it’s commercial??

Don’t know mate I’ve not seen it in the flesh so to speak. I can find out
So it’s not a fail??? I can obviously see the sensible need but would this need to be hardwired and does it change if the plant room is within the house? (Just curious myself on that one)

What did he do just a service or llgsc

And no only time it would is if something is ar/id

If it's a domestic boiler then just use the battery smoke alarm

Sounds like the guy is thinking full interlock and detection

And if open flue I would want something in there as it's inside

Thanks mate that makes a lot of sense. How’s tricks??

Thanks mate that makes a lot of sense. How’s tricks??

Not bad looking forward at some time off in a week :) yourself ?

My God a holiday is what I really need but I keep getting these bloody stupid jobs land in my lap

My God a holiday is what I really need but I keep getting these bloody stupid jobs land in my lap

:D not just me then

No it’s all I seem to get at the mo. That job above the bloke has been quoted over 2.4k to rectify along with replacing a flue section and adding some insulation

Flue section ??

Also get the customer to ask what reg number states it's must have hardwired co and smoke with interlock

Yeah it’s a long horizontal flue across a room and out the wall it would appear one section has been dented by an over excited cleaner and a ladder

Reply to plant room or not to plant room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock